Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a dealer in or around Jacksonville that will reflash the S1 PCM for cheaper than 85 bucks?! I called the 3 closest dealerships around me 1 said $85 another said $80 (also said you can't reflash and used PCM, but still gave me a price on it?) and the other kept me on hold for 20 min!? I've read about people getting it done for like 16-20 bucks. Anyone? I am willing to drive but not too far for something that'll only take a few minutes. Thanks for any help.

·
Premium Member
1,804 Posts
i got mine done for 39 in hinesville ga. If you have problems call Park dodge and ask for bobby stone. do a search on dodge.com to get the dealership number.

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
go up to westside dodge, talk to ben warren, hes the head service advisor.....tell him nick fulp told you to talk to him about reflashing a stage one......it takes all of 5 min with the drb......

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I called up there they are the ones that said you can't reflash a used one?

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
donzi1330 said:
I called up there they are the ones that said you can't reflash a used one?
go up there and talk to ben, or call and ask for him.......it can be done i did it with mine, in reality all you have to do is change the skim module code in the stage one to match the one in your sentry key. but anyways call and ask for ben warren and tell him i told you to call about it.....everybody else at that dealership is a fucking idiot......

·
Registered
237 Posts
The dealers here in Jax are really clueless. I called around, but everybody wanted to much money, and I don't really trust their know-how. I mailed mine to Jim at Flight Systems, and got it back within a week. It only cost me $35. If I had know that someone at Westside Dodge could do it, I would have used them though.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Yo my boy Campinchris got it done down here in Orlando for free at Chrysler jeep dealership on colonial and mercy dr if you got any questions on how to get there i can help and you can reflash just use reflash method , print that and you need your VIN to get your 4 digit access code to reflash

kmoy

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If it doesn't work out at Westside Dodge today I might try that. Thanks, I will need directions. I will let you know if that's what I plan on doing. I was planning on going to Tampa next weekend so maybe I will stop in Orlando on the way down. Thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just callled up to Westside Dodge and talked to Larry in service. He told me Ben was out and asked his diagnostics man about doing it he said it can be done but with the wrong VIN it would give me a CEL. I am going to print out the Reflash sticky in the How-To and take it up there and see what they say.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Will I get a CEL when I get it reflahsed? I went up there with that reflash method and they said since there is a seperate SKIM module and the PCM it would give me a CEL. Also how much will Ben charge me? Willl he charge me the full service fee for an hour? Thanks again for the help...

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
i talked to one of my buddies who is a tech up there, hes going to talk to ben tomorrow so just give ben a call tomorrow.....

·
Registered
112 Posts
with the how to it is very very simple i seen it done it takes a whole minute of hard hard work! :thumbsup: Anyone can do it, even an uncertified tech

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
donzi1330 said:
Will I get a CEL when I get it reflahsed? I went up there with that reflash method and they said since there is a seperate SKIM module and the PCM it would give me a CEL. Also how much will Ben charge me? Willl he charge me the full service fee for an hour? Thanks again for the help...
Thereby proving they don't understand the process:jester:
What's happening is that the SKIM module is sending the correct SKIM key data and VIN TO the PCM so that the PCM will recognize your SKIM keys as valid, preventing the P0633 (SKIM key not valid) code.

And campin, while it does really only take like a minute or so, they can stretch it out.:lol: I spent 5 minutes trying to convince the tech that the PCM options page was the wrong menu. He took 15 minutes fetching the correct page from the book. Then another 10 going back to get the PIN.:buah:
Then they spent 10 minutes goig "OHMIGOD, it WORKED!!!!!!!" "Nah, didn't work, did it?" "Yep, it really freaking works!!!"

Thank god I'm a VERY stubborn individual:cow:

·
Registered
32 Posts
hmmm nick....i am really pissed at you...but all that aside it was nice meeting you (donzi1330) today...hope you like the performance upgrade...let me know when you want to line them up ;)

David

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
So can we assume the process went off fine?

·
Registered
32 Posts
yeah everything went well after me and mister donz got on the same page(thanks to nick we were far from the same page in the begining) i don't know why he didn't just link me to this page it would have cleared everything up.... this was the second one i have reprogramed with nicks (boosted) car being the first one i did...i work for the shop forman at westside dodge and i still can't get him to relize that this reflash as ya'll call it is very doable....thanks to the skim keys/module....on the other hand if these cars did not have skim keys then this would not be possable....so yes everything went well :)

David

1 - 20 of 34 Posts