Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stage 1 and Mopar BOV were installed successfully. Stage 1 does feel more responsive but I dont know if it feels any faster in fact it feels a little slower. 2nd gear 14/15 hold. 3rd gear 18 spike 15/16 hold, same for fourth. BOV sounds great and I dont think there are any leaks at least not showing on boost gauge. 1 question though. will the BOV make the your engine smell a little different cause it smells like burnt oil or something under the hood. I dont know I didnt see any problems or leaks. Im an idiot and I did this [email protected]*(!#*!

·
Registered
245 Posts
dude spiking 18 holding 15??...guys have problems doing this with stage 1 wastegate and boost controller??...how is that possible with just stage 1 and a riceplate???...hmmmm...i would pull out the b.s. flag but i did a quick reply..lol..later man

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
before the s1 i was holding 15 or 16 in 3rd and 4th, now im just spiking high thats all. I always suspected that something was off about my car. freak maybe. Also maybe the PCM is just getting used to the car and cant control the boost as well. just a thought.

·
Banned
3,567 Posts
Mia305 Srt4 said:
dude spiking 18 holding 15??...guys have problems doing this with stage 1 wastegate and boost controller??...how is that possible with just stage 1 and a riceplate???...hmmmm...i would pull out the b.s. flag but i did a quick reply..lol..later man

not true ... wen i went in to get my tps fixed Last year ..... the dealer reflashed my computer and for about a week after that the car ran 16-15 on stg 0 .... when normally spike 15 - 13 at redline

but it was gone after a few days .. :bandit:

·
Registered
769 Posts
???? What are you guys talking about? you guys are actually holding as much boost as a aftermarket wga???I mean spiking 14 holding 7 sounds more logical for your stock setup...but I don't believe it

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ill video it later tonight and you can see for yourself. 19vac idle, 0 off, spike 18 hold 15/16 3rd up to 5800 at WOT.

·
Registered
245 Posts
no..

:bs2: ok now i had to post it!!!....i have a quickwhips front mount...jmb pipes...agp intake...and some other lil things...i do not hold 14 stock and dont know anyone that does...i spike 15-14 and hold like 10-11 and thats normal...no stock srt is going to hold 15 pounds stock...like i said...people have wastegates,boost controllers, and still cant produce it sometimes without a good tune and absolutly no boost leaks...just my .02

·
Registered
950 Posts
Elevation and outside temps...

100+ degrees and I was spiking 17psi on stage 0 stock.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You will BE a believer. ive been posting about this for a while now. about 3 days ago i posted about my high holds. but hey a boost gauge isnt always right.

·
Banned
1,343 Posts
I thought that everything will run higher at first until the PCM learns the car and then evens everything out ....

·
Registered
245 Posts
the elevation temps is very true...i didnt notice where u guys live...regardless i would have to be made a believer...if u are getting that spike hold more power to u...alot of other factors could be involved though...its not like u would have the first faulty boost gauge!!...lol...later man

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
its holding 11psi at redline... no way the stock wastegate is holding 15psi... do you guys know what holding mean by any chance?.... Spike is probably 15 and its prob holding 11

·
Banned
3,567 Posts
dude i swear ... when the dealer reflashed it march of last year ... for abut 3-4 days it ran like a 16-17 spike and like a 14-15 hold ...
BUT
after it relearned it came bak to a 15 spike 12 hold

·
Banned
3,567 Posts
StRicTly4boosting said:
its holding 11psi at redline... no way the stock wastegate is holding 15psi... do you guys know what holding mean by any chance?.... Spike is probably 15 and its prob holding 11
yo i herd this kid is :gay:

"haha just playin manny ... stop by on thursday nite .. and ull hear it .. i hate the way it sounds haha "

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Were you driving/shifting/taping all at the same time?

Good boost going by the gauge! Should've had your belt on though....! and some gratuitous nudity!!!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
bump for the non-believers who posted in this thread earlier.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts