Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
EVERYONE: I have left this as a sticky so that we can still have people sign up. However, the new date is to be determined. I will post new info ASAP when I get it from Mike.

Post what you need to post you All-Motor wienie! This is from your previous:

whats up all? my boss wanted me to go to all the web sites i visit and make a post and see what kind of intrest there would be in a poker run. held at my dealership, with a car show after the poker run.(dont worry, nobody will be taking vin numbers down. its to have fun, no bussiness at all) food, drinks and entertainment will also be there. plus a grand prize for winning the poker hand and a prize for the car show. the car show could be held inside the shop, which is way big enough. plus it has a/c. there would be 5 stops that we would all go to. a map of them would be given at the time of you leaving. i must be very clear when i say, this is not a cannon ball run type of thing. its not based on time. no racing will be allowed. we want to hold this event to bring attention to the new dealership. it maybe advertised in the sun sentinal for free if we make some type of donation to a charity. it will be for all dodge, chrysler, jeep and ply. owners. this is not in stone, just feeling out any kind of intrest in something like this. there will be some type of entry fee like 15- 20 bucks. so who would like to do something like this ??

·
Registered
34 Posts
why i gotta be a all motor wienie :tongue: dont hate me cause i make real horse power the manly way, and of coarse the hard way. but 240-245 out of a 2.0l that weighs less than 2100lbs isnt bad :thumbsup: thats more than alot of srt4s are making with a turbo :rofl: plus i still have a direct port with 150 shot to squeeze
as soon as i get a date set in stone, i'll post it. (should be by the end of the week) keep the sticky up!!!

·
Premium Member
14,452 Posts
lol, yeah I heard from mike about this.

Mike is the one that re-flashed the stage 1 for me and the person taking care of us modded srt's ;)

I would go.. but I am short on money as it is right now.

·
Registered
34 Posts
ok guys and girls. we have a little update here. date is july 17th which is a sat. i think. it will start at 12 ish(that part isnt set yet but its in the ball park). it will be held at fairbanks chrysler, jeep and dodge at sawgrass in tamarac. this is how thing will probably be
$20 per hand(poker hand)lol
this will include food and drinks. also you will be able to enter in the car show. for people who wish not to play, there will be a $8 fee if you want food and drinks. the car show will be broken down in a few different sections. something along the lines of
compact:
best over all
runner up
trucks:
best over all
runner up
sports cars:
best over all
runner up
the winners will be given a trophy and other free service coupons. the cash prize for winning the poker hand will depend on how many people play(between $500-$1000). the more that play the more you can win. there has also been talk of having a raffle for a 04 neon. tickets will be $50 each. that isnt set in stone but was a idea we were throwing around. but there will be some type of raffle for something good.
now this 1st annual poker run is to draw attention to the new dealership and put us on the map. there will be absolutly no toleration for racing, or acting like a fool. you will be asked to leave. this event is not just for dodge, chrsyler, jeep, and ply. owners, tell your friends. everyone is envited to have a great time.
this is how its pretty much gonna be played. once eveyone shows up we will all gather up and the maps to the placed you need to go will be handed out. everyone who is playing will recieve a stamp on the hand showing you paid to play. at each place will be someone waiting with a small envelope(sealed so no one can cheat) with a card in it. now you dont have to rush off to the next place you can sit around, wait for your buddies or have a few drinks. then off to the other places. do the same at each place and by the time you get back to the dealership you will have 5 sealed envelopes that the judges will open in front of you. it will be posted and once the last one is posted then we can all see who the lucky person is. once that is over we'll place the cars where they need to be for the car show. while this is taking place, there will be some type of dj or music to listen to, while you stuff your face.
i've gotten alot of intrest so far so it should be a great time. it doesnt take alot of money to have fun here, just $20 !!!!
keep all comments coming for better ideas and also that you will be coming. tell all your friends, honduh owners, viper guys, dodge truck guys, EVERYONE !!!

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
hey mike, this sounds great. im not working that weekend so i will definetly go and probably bring a few friends also. btw, what was the prize on the poker contest again? thanks.

·
Registered
34 Posts
ryedizzel said:
hey mike, this sounds great. im not working that weekend so i will definetly go and probably bring a few friends also. btw, what was the prize on the poker contest again? thanks.

anywhere between 500-1000 bucks.

tamarac is just north of ft lauderdale and just south of west palm beach.

you guys wouldnt belive the hoops we are having to jump through to have this. the city wants all kinds of permits and a stack of paper work to be filled out and noterized.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
neonmike said:
anywhere between 500-1000 bucks.

tamarac is just north of ft lauderdale and just south of west palm beach.

you guys wouldnt belive the hoops we are having to jump through to have this. the city wants all kinds of permits and a stack of paper work to be filled out and noterized.

Mike...Let me know if you need anything. Remember my ol lady has a lot of connections for being in the news industry. Also, if you need any press releases or anything.

Kris

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Fun, Sounds interesting.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts