Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got through testing two different ait filters.

The first one was only a 3-inch enclosed cotton filled mesh filter. This filter has a problem with idling when coming to a stop. Maybe to small for drawing enough air to the intake mangement system.

Ran the filter for 100 miles until the next filter finally show up on my doorsteps.

The S&B 5-inch air filter has a 1250CFM limitation, which is more than the K&N 900 CFM. Beside that, it has tri-cone insert to correct the incoming air.

The only problem so far was the 3-inch connector vice 2-inch. I had to modify the inlet portion with an insert. I first cut the S&B inlet section by 2-inch due to the length. I then superglued the reduced inlet to the inside of the 3-inch inlet.

Results: excellent. :lol:

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
That's a sweet looking air filter. :shock:

I never thought I'd make that statement. :idea:

Are you still running it?

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm....I think someone did that and received a CEL number. I wondering if there is a sensor for the air intake box.

However, talking tothe actual designer, according to him, he said, you will not find any gains from a cold air intake than his box. :)

Same as with the Hemi log exhaust with a headers replacement. Just not going to happen when you are within a 2 percent gain with headers over the OEM log exhaust.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts