Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a fwd dsm and it ran low 13s high 12s. I now am getting a srt-4 with stage 1, boost controller, w.g. actuator, intake, o2 housing, 3"exaust, FMIC, and S-AFC

my question is when driving around on pump gas at about 15 psi should I have the s-afc set 00000 all the way across the board or should I take out a few percent... what should my afr be... I understand this question leaves a lot of open ends so pretty much what is "safe"

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
2,975 Posts
If you leave it at 0, then its not doing anything, so you might as well take it off the car.

I would get a wideband/dyno and tune it with that. See if its running rich, and if so, pull some fuel out in the right areas.

·
Registered
955 Posts
There is an SAFC sticky in the high-tech tuning area..

But for general info...a/f ratios should be in the 11.5 or so range for a nice "safe" tune. Personally, I like using a wideband on the car doing 3rd/4th gear pulls and tuning on the road..as it puts a more "real world" load on the car than the dyno can. The track is the perfect place IMHO, but tuning on a dyno with a wideband readout is an effectively safe way to do it too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts