Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how would srt4 rate againstit? some guy at the dealership wants to run dont know much bought them rotary cars.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
The 3rd generation rx-7's are pretty quick. 0-60 is low 5's, they probably have a little edge on the srt-4.

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
A stock RX-7 wont take the SRT-4. If the rx-7 has only a few mods you might be owned. :)

I drove my buddies RX7 with a Dp and HKS Dragger. It did not feel to fast. But then again, the inside of hte muffler came apart so maybe that held it back alot. He was also running stock boost.

But im sure if you crank up teh boost then we would have some problems against it no doubt.

The RX-7 is a top contender. They use to own the import seen until the 2J (supra) came around and layed down the law.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I'm doing my term paper this year on the rotary engine. They are very very good engines, the only problem is they have to rev to get the power....they redline at 9g's...Thats like a superbike. You will be able to probably kick him off the line, give it a try.. They are also very light....1 man can lift the engine out of the bay. I think it would be a very good race...give it a try, no harm in it. On the track!!!!!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
If he's a car guy (and I'll go ahead and assume he is) and he's got an RX-7 I'll bet you get spanked. I doubt, if he knows anything about tuning, that the RX-7 doesn't have some mods. Around here, I see very few that are not modded and the ones that are are farking mean.
That said, it would still be fun to try. And if you win, that's a nice notch in your belt...

·
Registered
864 Posts
Black_Rain said:
I'm doing my term paper this year on the rotary engine. They are very very good engines, the only problem is they have to rev to get the power....they redline at 9g's...Thats like a superbike. You will be able to probably kick him off the line, give it a try.. They are also very light....1 man can lift the engine out of the bay. I think it would be a very good race...give it a try, no harm in it. On the track!!!!!!
I'm failing to see why you would take one off the line. A reasonably powered RWD car should out launch a similar FWD car?

JC

·
Registered
534 Posts
AWD OWNZ U said:
Black_Rain said:
I'm failing to see why you would take one off the line. A reasonably powered RWD car should out launch a similar FWD car?

JC
b/c they have to rev to get the power...they have very low low-end torque. The srt's dont have to rev too high to get the power plus the low end torque will help the srt's get off the line faster...if a car has no low-end torque...its got a slower punch off the line....Torque = acceleration Hp = speed.

·
Registered
113 Posts
b/c they have to rev to get the power...they have very low low-end torque. The srt's dont have to rev too high to get the power plus the low end torque will help the srt's get off the line faster...if a car has no low-end torque...its got a slower punch off the line....Torque = acceleration Hp = speed.
Ya' know, people are allowed to actually rev' their engine up into peak power before a launch.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Black_Rain said:
You will be able to probably kick him off the line, give it a try.. They are also very light....1 man can lift the engine out of the bay.
I have removed the lighter of the Rotary engines, a 12a from a 1st gen RX7 sans exhaust manifolds and AC, etc. and in no way is it light enough to be lifted out by one person. It took two of us to heave it over the rad support.
Can you dead lift a 250 lb slug in the shape of a pointy egg?

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
Now that you guys said what you wanted to each other how about editing those posts so the people that come to this board won't get the impression that's how we treat other members around here. :wink:

·
Registered
582 Posts
Fourth gear from about 60-70 an RX-7 was pulling from me slowly but surely I don't know what was done to it if anything and we didn't line up he just went and i tried to go after

·
Registered
420 Posts
Exhaust Depot said:
A stock RX-7 wont take the SRT-4. If the rx-7 has only a few mods you might be owned. :)

I drove my buddies RX7 with a Dp and HKS Dragger. It did not feel to fast. But then again, the inside of hte muffler came apart so maybe that held it back alot. He was also running stock boost.

But im sure if you crank up teh boost then we would have some problems against it no doubt.

The RX-7 is a top contender. They use to own the import seen until the 2J (supra) came around and layed down the law.
it would be a very close race. i dont think the srt-4 would kill a 3rd gen 7. to tell you the truth i think a 3rd gen would take it. your friend with the dp and catback had something wrong with his car. a 3rd gen 7 with a dp and catback should run low 13's all day no problem on stock boost with street tires.

·
Registered
534 Posts
abaddsm said:
Black_Rain said:
You will be able to probably kick him off the line, give it a try.. They are also very light....1 man can lift the engine out of the bay.
I have removed the lighter of the Rotary engines, a 12a from a 1st gen RX7 sans exhaust manifolds and AC, etc. and in no way is it light enough to be lifted out by one person. It took two of us to heave it over the rad support.
Can you dead lift a 250 lb slug in the shape of a pointy egg?

Hey man...I wont challenge your experience...I said what i've read in doing my research for my paper. Sorry my source was wrong...i suppose now i have to edit my paper due to your experience.

·
Registered
817 Posts

Umm...the rotary does have low torque, but RWD will take you everytime off the line.

A 3rd gen should have no problem beating an SRT-4, *if* its running right.

-M

·
Registered
817 Posts
Phoenyx said:

Umm...the rotary does have low torque, but RWD will take you everytime off the line (all things being equal).

A 3rd gen should have no problem beating an SRT-4, *if* its running right.

-M

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
About this Discussion
64 Replies
23 Participants
pugg57
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing