Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alrite so there is this 88 Rx-7 N/A wanting to run me for 500$.. He ran a 14.9 at the track with a 1.9 60'. Since then he did the whole port and polish thing, ecu, and exhaust with no emissions.. Think i can take him? I have a Aem SRI and the borla exhaust, and possibly stg 1 if it gets here before saturday..

·
Registered
140 Posts
Run him

N\A???? Run him you will take him just as you are. Thrust me. Don't you want a quick $500.00 that will buy you lot of goodies. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
i dunno i wonder what kinda HP he got from ecu and catless i mean some cars an ecu can make the world of differnce and the exhausts opens him up id be cautious about this and go to RX forums and post and see what he should run with those mods

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Are you REALLY sure it's N/A, and that it's an '88? The ones made in the early 90's ran 13.9 or 14.0 bone stock. He could be sandbagging you.

Assuming he can get it to run, the RX-7 can be damn fast. I've seen a few with big turbos (which you would obviously notice) run high 9's.

Bet him $20 for fun. I would not go for the $500 bet unless you really know his car's capabilities.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Trust me, He can take him. I own a Turbo II RX7 and thats a different story if he were to try me. In N/A form max HP without NOS is about 165-185HP approx. when streetported. Unless he is bridgeported or peripheral ported then you in for some REEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAL fun.
He may be lighter at 2600lbs but don't let the noise they make scare you. Just go run him and whoop him.........Here I am sending you out to beat up on one of my siblings. :wah?!:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes 100% positive it is N/A with no nitrous... He just has those mods, the 88's had anywhere between 140 and 150 hp stock.. 500$ does sound really good though..

·
Registered
140 Posts
SRT4Real said:
Are you REALLY sure it's N/A, and that it's an '88? The ones made in the early 90's ran 13.9 or 14.0 bone stock. He could be sandbagging you.

Assuming he can get it to run, the RX-7 can be damn fast. I've seen a few with big turbos (which you would obviously notice) run high 9's.

Bet him $20 for fun. I would not go for the $500 bet unless you really know his car's capabilities.
Chicken :tongue: :crybaby:

·
Registered
140 Posts
quiksilver723 said:
for that much money I think he's hustlin ya. unless u see how it runs for urself dont take his word on it.
Coward :rofl:
You think I'm setting him up for a whooping? Have faith!!!!!!!1 :clap:

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
try to get a friend of yours to race him for fun, get a baseline, then double it to 1000 if he gets worked.

·
Registered
797 Posts
if hes not sandbagging then his car hooks hard with that 60 ft time but sounds like hes got no top end.what was his speed with the 14.90.if hes sand bagging his speed will be way off .at 14.90 his speed should be around 93 to 96.

·
Registered
140 Posts
What y'all scaring the lad for. The SRT4 will win in any race run against a N/A RX7.
Ok run him no money involved. I want him to prove to you that the 7 won't win. When he wins you all will start getting ideas as to what can be done to RX7's.
Now on the other hand If it was my 7 I would recommend against it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :frogtongu

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well this kid seems to think since he ported and polished the head and has a full exhaust on it he can beat almost anything, that's why he wants it for 500$, he has money thats why he can just throw it around like that. If Stg1 gets here before this weekend are my chances better? I went to the track and ran a 14.1 @ 97 mph, with intake and exhaust.. Will stg1 help? My tire pressure was 20 in the front and 40 in the back. My 60' was 2.2

·
Registered
643 Posts
did he prove it to you with slips and if so check the mph he could just have slowed and did it for pranks sakes or to sand bag you plus its $500.... if you can throw it around like that then do it i plus i would use the 500 for upgrades to my car not stupid bets unless you know for sure you can win iono thas just me though

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.