Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would it be possible to turn an SRT-4 into a RWD car? I think thatd be a nice change. Anyone here agree? Would it be possible for someone to make some kinda kit and how much do you think it would cost? :hi:

·
Registered
449 Posts
Not gonna happen. The big problem is that one of the main structural frame rails goes right where the differential would need to be, unless you want to jack the rear end of the car up about a foot. There are about a thousand other problems too.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
is it possible? yes, anything is possible.

Is it reasonably priced, practical, and manufacturable? not even close.

Keep dreaming dude.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
ShiRoTor4 said:
Would it be possible to turn an SRT-4 into a RWD car? I think thatd be a nice change. Anyone here agree? Would it be possible for someone to make some kinda kit and how much do you think it would cost? :hi:
I wish I could find the video, this guy had a rwd srt4, He took it mudding and all. Maybe use the search button and look for it.

·
Registered
566 Posts
SiLvEr SrT BaNgIn said:
I wish I could find the video, this guy had a rwd srt4, He took it mudding and all. Maybe use the search button and look for it.
In that video, It wasnt rear wheel, He took Trays and put them under the rear wheels so he could to all the doughnuts, then he was just crazy enough to take it offroading.

·
Registered
707 Posts
why not just find an already existing light weight rear wheel drive car (think along the lines of a triumph or MG or hell even a mini) and drop in the SRT-4 engine and if it's mid engine take the transmission as well...

a LOT cheaper then trying to convert a fwd vehicle that has no provisions for a rear transfer case...or drive shaft...

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
I already have a RWD SRT-4.

It's a 2004 Dodge SRT-4 DE.

DE - Drift Edition

·
Registered
973 Posts
I think a Mopar Stage 3 SRT-4 powered dune buggy would kick ass. That is what I daydream about while at work....

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
SiLvEr SrT BaNgIn said:

LOL ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha hahahahahaah

okay anyways it wasn't rwd, he did tray donughts in a parkinglot, watch the video the rear tires don't even spin......... front wheels are producing smoke. how could the smoke be coming from the front tires if the car is rwd? anyways no. :jester:

·
Registered
242 Posts
save up and by the razor... same platform... 2.4L turbo charged RWD DCX is supose to come out with for 06 or something... Thing isn't too pretty though.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Well Helll, if your going to try to make it RWD why not just go with AWD. Much more fun and its AWD. But I remember a car show where they tried this on a RWD car and it took a amazing amount of money. At the end of the show they said if you want to make something AWD dont!, just got and buy a car that is.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
SRTVenom said:
Well Helll, if your going to try to make it RWD why not just go with AWD. Much more fun and its AWD. But I remember a car show where they tried this on a RWD car and it took a amazing amount of money. At the end of the show they said if you want to make something AWD dont!, just got and buy a car that is.

i saw one video of a tiburon with 2 engines = AWD. each put out over 300HP and it ran 10's.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.