Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
You know I have a feeling that I have some rust too, I think I’ve glanced at it at one point. I don’t think we are the only ones with this problem, speak up! :ninja:

·
Premium Member
7,976 Posts
Its been discussed before here. Nothing to be concerned about. My Hondas did the same thing behind the dash.....

If it bothers you just sand it a bit, then prime and paint black or whatever color you choose.

·
Registered
19,512 Posts
It's all non-treated metal. It's nothing to worry about. Even brand new, it's typically going to look like that. Wether it was like that prior to install, or happened while in the car... it's not going to rust out, or anything of that sort.

It's all good! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
926 Posts
does it snow where you live? if so it could have been multiplied by road salt on your shoes your something. painting it black sounds good tho, but its not going to hurt anything.

·
Registered
19,512 Posts
I think they are probably rusted brand new.

But regardless, if it wasn't already... because your ducts are VERY cool when the A/C is running, you will have moisture build-up on them which could cause some surface rust as well. Not enough to do any damage though.

Historically.. those little rusty parts... VERY sharp also!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts