Dodge SRT Forum banner

2701 - 2720 of 2730 Posts

·
Registered
7,468 Posts
Just bought a raptor myself, first truck I have ever owned but man I love this thing. I am waiting to break it in so I can get a fi exhaust and a tune but not sure which tune I am going with yet.

There are some fit and finish quality control things that drive me nuts but overall I am happy, I have the recaro package .
I love the Raptor. I could drive it every day.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
I went from a C63 AMG to an accord hybrid to this raptor. I am only a couple weeks into ownership but so far I am loving it. So far the only to things I don't like is the glove box gap and the sound system.

20200422_125922.jpg

20200422_125942.jpg

·
Registered
7,468 Posts
Yeah, very comfy with heated and cooled seats, and enough power that I don't feel like I'm crawling. I wouldn't mind a tune or something to pep it up. When I switch from the srt4 or the Demon I go through withdrawls.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Lol....why am I not surprised u have a demon. More power to you but I coukd never justify the price tag for what you get.

We bought a vacation house in gold beach oregon last year so this past week my family and my wife's brother's family spent the week there and during the time I took the raptor out on the beach. Was seriously a blast and now I can't wait to do the raptor baja run next year.

20200428_173728.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Some facts and some just my opinion .....

The interior of the demon and every other dodge car is cheap af and it is a heavyweight tipping the scale far above 4k lbs .....handling is laughable ( because it is a drag car I get it) so you are paying 80k for a car that's only quality is an mid 9sec 1/4mi time slip, a time that no other stock demon in the world has produced.

Sorry but that is too rich for my blood to do something so one dimensional that can easily be done to a vehicle with the same build quality but at a much cheaper cost. A base Mustang or Camaro can be had for under 30 and for 20 more ( or probably less) you can have those same 9 Second Time Slips that all the demon owners have been posting.

If the demon came in at a hellcat price point of mid 50s than sure but yea, very over priced imo. But than again when I spend more than 50k on a car my standards are higher than most as I am willing to pay more to get more. Meaning I would pay more for a car that is close in 1/4 mi time but handles world's better and has better interior

·
Registered
11 Posts
Bullseye of all ppl I thought we agree that it is over priced......I remember him saying he wanted ford to build a flagship mustang with a twin turbo v6 and sell it for only 35k lol.......I remember him being the epitome of cheap lol

·
Registered
7,468 Posts
You do know my cheapness... I read back through the thread, and realized I wasn't clear about who owned the car. My son owns the car and the truck. I can drive them whenever I want though.

·
Registered
7,468 Posts
This is why I still drive the srt-4 mostly to work and race the turbo SS (faster than the demon, but not near as comfy).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Niiiiiiice . you get to enjoy the cars you like without the financial investment, now that's the guy I remember from about 4 years ago lol

I don't hate on the car just in my opinion it's overpriced being it has one claim to fame and that one thing the average Joe like you or I or 90% of America get drug because you can't put the power down. So my view is at the end of the day you're paying 80k for the bragging rights to say you own a 840 horsepower car.

I looked into getting a ram rebel and tundra before I got my raptor but again I paid more for a more well rounded truck. The rebel and tundra were both about 50k and my raptor was 75k so most would say that extra 25k isn't justifiable but for me it came down to this, Tundra had the record of being the most reliable over the other two. Rebel had the better interior fit and finish over the other two. The Raptor was faster had more power more torque more off-road capability better luxury options and better resale than both tundra and ram rebel. For me it was a no-brainer to go with the Raptor.

Do you or your son just treat the Raptor as a pavement princess or have you actually taken an off-road and done some raptor runs with it

·
Registered
11 Posts
I like your style....after 2 days of ownership of a 75k truck I did this ...just to break her in

20200422_131227.jpg
20200422_130351.jpg
20200422_143323.jpg
20200422_143344.jpg

Red clay is a bitch to clean I can tell u that

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well a follow up to my post #2,314 in this thread , the transmission in the Denali was extremely rough so much so that putting it into reverse or into drive felt like we were getting hit. Took it to the dealer time after time and nothing was done. Then part of the seat cooling system malfunctioned and my wife had enough. With just under 30k miles on it she began her search for a new SUV.

It was a fun month as we drove just about every SUV you could thing of....

BMW X7 50i
Mercedes GLE 63s AMG
Range Rover Sport Supercharged
Jeep Cherokee Trackhawk
Lincoln Navigator black label
Audi Q8
Alfa Romeo SUV ( can't remember the name of it)

·
Registered
11 Posts
She ended up picking the Audi Q8 and is happy with it but this happen back in June of last year and since then the new aviator has come out so I can see her getting that or the range rover in a couple years.

20190707_185212.jpg

65841.jpeg

65845.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
15,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,716
Here's my thoughts on that. In terms of the belief that the car is "overpriced", what gas powered car out there, stock, off the shelf so to speak, is even within 1 full second of the Demon's quarter mile time (admittedly one hellaciously difficult time to reproduce, but they did it), and less than even double the Demon's price range? Perhaps the closest I can think of would be the Audi R8 V10 Plus coming in at around 200k.

While not many have been able to get close to the listed 9.65 second time, there are quite at 10 seconds flat or a hair over. There are reasonably close priced cars in the high 10 second range, including the Viper, Corvette, BMW M5 Comp, and some others. For production cars, once you are under 11 seconds, each incremental faster time seems to increase cost by a large amount, for most cars. But then you had Dodge blowing that all to hell with the Demon, and going in under 10 seconds.

I guess I would compare it to this. If someone served you the most incredible steak, and amazing (insert drink here that you love) for dinner, but only charged you half of what you would normally pay, and served it to you on a paper plate with a red solo cup, are you really upset about that paper plate and red solo cup? But, I digress, you have a right to be, perhaps your idea of the meal is in a big way affected by the aesthetics of the setting.

I believe that Dodge has really upped their game in the last few years as far as interiors, however I do know there are better interiors out there. What is strange is that the Ram guys seem to have their shxt together and are building BMW quality interiors on the 2020 trucks, but they can't seem to get that quality to transfer over to the Dodge cars.

BUT, most importantly, these are just my thoughts, they are no way endorsed by anyone but myself, and in the 15 years (OH GOD, REALLY?) that I've been here, I'm learned not to turn it into a shxtting match anymore, especially when it is people who have been here a long time that I like LOL.

(And I'm a Dodge homer who is generally drunk on Mopar so my viewpoint is slanted like an upside down table heh heh)

·
Super Moderator
15,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,717
So, completely unrelated question to my usual bitching and carrying on:

Do any of you ever look through old pages and realize that "oh shit, (so and so) hasn't been around for like a year?" then you look and they've been inactive here for 5, 8, TEN YEARS? Maybe more?

I also noticed that for some people, I knew them more by their avatars than by their actual user names, and some have changed the avatar, and I'm not sure who they are anymore...

WTF is happening? I'm losing my mind, is any of this real?

Okay who stole my panties?

·
Registered
11,951 Posts
Is this just fantasy?S

·
Super Moderator
15,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,719
Crazy stat of the day...

For new cars, the SRT-4 had one of the most amazing dollar/horsepower ratios imaginable.

The Hellcat however, is actually better. Mind you this is assuming you find a new Hellcat at bare bones price.

Even more surprising, there are several cars that have a better dollar/horsepower ratio, even if you divide the 20k by the true SRT-4 hp, which is around 235 rather than 220.

Donut Media did a video on it today on youtube. I'm too lazy to go find it again lol

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
Thanks RTShadow.
Out of curiosity, I looked on YourTube and found this enternaining little gem:
11 Cars with the Most Horsepower PER DOLLAR

I too like going fast but I hate spending money!
Interesting list:
#1 Chevy Camaro LT1 at $34,995 with 455HP
# Dodge Challenger R/T Scatpack at $38,995 485HP

Good to see American V8 power with no frills can be had for a reasonable price.
(assuming the prices mentioned in the video are obtainable in the real world of dealer markups)

2701 - 2720 of 2730 Posts