Dodge SRT Forum banner

2681 - 2700 of 2730 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,681
And just when you think the prices are bad...

You start looking at the options and the price just sky rockets... I was hoping to get this for right at 2k but hell it appears nearer to 3k, they better have DAMN good warranties, like 3 years for this shit.

·
Super Moderator
15,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,683
So... the black Neon sold, $2999, father and son showed up, I think the kid was about 20, couldn't stop grinning. I did a great job on that car, if he takes care of the general maintenance, should go for at least 3 years without anything major.

3k sitting in the safe, the sale of an entire car to offset the likely cost of one transmission haha.

·
Super Moderator
15,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,684
Okay, I'm getting set to purchase a pickup-hitch style bicycle rack, needs to be able to hold 3 bikes, and from the looks of things, most of them that size hold 4?

Anyone have any experience with this, and if so which one would you recommend? Hoping to get something that doesn't bounce all over and make a lot of racket.

·
Premium Member
1,395 Posts
Give SARiS bike racks a look.

I've got the Super clamp EX 4 bike.

It's not cheap but worth it, my opinion. Especially if you've got some $$$ invested in bicycles.

Easy to load/unload and holds the bikes very secure.

Cheers!!!

·
Super Moderator
15,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,686
Well hello folks! Long time no post on my favorite thread!

I'm currently watching Fast and the Furious, the original, on Starz Encore, and I just have to say it...

Paul Walker is SUCH a shitty actor. LOL It pains me to say it, because he is a likeable guy, but god D he is terrible as an actor.

·
Super Moderator
15,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,689
Insane statistic for the day - more than 44 million Toyota Corollas have been sold since the car arrived on the scene in 1968.

If you were to put them all bumper to bumper, they would circle the earth 4.6 times. THAT folks, is car-azy!!!

·
Super Moderator
15,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,690
Hey hey hey!!!

Still got my 14' Ecodiesel, I'm up to about 80k miles on her now. This summer the overall mpg since I've owned the vehicle was at 21.6 mpg. Not as high as I'd thought it would be when I bought the vehicle, but I think i was looking at the 28 mpg highway for the 2wd version, with the leveling kit. I'm 4wd with no leveling (lowers the truck at highway speed, maximizing drag coefficient). Still a lot better than the 13 mpg with our 4.7L benz engine in our Ram back in the mid 2000's.

In October I had a front tire get a really bad hole ripped into it, and the tires themselves only had a few thousand miles left on them, so I decided to get some new tires. I wanted something a little more aggressive than the stock Wrangler SR-A tires, so I put on Wrangler Adventurer w/ Kevlar tires. Noticed immediately that they were more stiff, for a slightly rougher ride, but the handling is far better, and the traction is also better. They aggressive look is nice too.

But my mileage is suffering considerably. I'm down around 18-19 now. Recently I noticed there was a grinding noise in the rear end of the truck, did some investigating, and it appeared that the rear driver's side brakes were completely gone. Then reached up to grab the spare tire to pull myself out from under the vehicle, and it just bounced around, it wasn't locked up into place!!! Some idiot put the spare tire in UPSIDE DOWN at the tire store. Talk about blatant incompetence. I went back, they were apologetic, got the truck up on the lift, fixed the spare tire, and found out that the brake on that side was hanging up, and one pad was burned all the way down to the metal.

I needed to drive the truck 1800 miles round trip to see family for Thanksgiving, so I spent a couple hours changing out the rear brakes. Left the front alone because they have a lot of beef left on them. Trip went off without a hitch, but I wasn't really able to see if the brakes were completely releasing because of how unbelievably dirty the wheel was. In my garage I wasn't paying attention to the wheel, fixated on getting the brakes replaced, the wheel was coated inside and out with a heavy film of what I thought was mud. Turns out it was like fine fragments of rusty metal. I cleaned the wheel with one of my socks (all that I had to work with) about 2 hours east of St. Louis, just so I could maybe see if the brake was still hanging up. Didn't appear to be for the rest of the trip.

Got back home and decided yesterday to clean the rim inside and out. I tried doing it on the truck, and was shocked at just how thick the residue was on the interior of the rim. Ended up having to take the tire off, and had to use a wire brush to clean the inside of the rim, then used a very course pad with Softscrub to finish it up. It took about 90 minutes to get all of it cleaned off.

That residue is all over under that corner of the pickup. I'm hoping that it doesn't contribute to accelerated rusting anywhere on the truck.

I've never seen that before but then I haven't dealt with brakes hanging up all that much. Has anyone else seen that sort of thing before?

·
Super Moderator
15,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,691
Over the last year or so my kids have been hogging my gaming rig. I have a pretty decent setup, SSD drive desktop PC (with a 1TB backup standard drive installed), and two 24" monitors.

I decided going into black monday to purchase a new system for them to use. Went with Newegg.

Got them a Skytech Desktop , and two 27" monitors . Then I set forth to put a sliding keyboard/mouse tray on the underside of the desk. Because the desk had metal support rails, I had to put a 3/4" piece of plywood as a spacer under there.

I store all of my flat and long pieces of wood next to the ceiling in the garage. The piece I needed was all the way at the bottom of the pile, so I pulled each piece out and carefully stacked it against the ladder.

Then, MAJOR brain fart. I wasn't thinking about the fact that the ladder would get tossed once I stepped off, due to the wood leaning on it. I grabbed the ladder in time, then had the unfortunate front row show as one 5 foot long 2X4 slid off the side and bounced off the side of my SRT-4 passenger side door.

@()@#($*U(@#$(((!(#@!($(&#!$(&#@!$(

My daughter opened the door to the garage "Dad are you okay???" Needless to say my explicit laced yelling could be heard in the house haha.

Thankfully it's just a small line with no paint damage. Now I have one small dent on the driver's door, and one on the passenger door. Probably about 150 dollars worth of repairs needed.

Oh well, could have been worse.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Holy shit it's been a long time!!! How's everybody been? All my old BS ppl still in here? RT? Enginjoe? Ridin59? Jamal? Bzzt? The site did something and I couldn't log on for years so I created a new user name today . So much has changed in my life, what about you fools????

·
Premium Member
4,052 Posts
Holy shit it's been a long time!!! How's everybody been? All my old BS ppl still in here? RT? Enginjoe? Ridin59? Jamal? Bzzt? The site did something and I couldn't log on for years so I created a new user name today . So much has changed in my life, what about you fools????
and your old account name.... was?

·
Registered
7,481 Posts
My son started a business and I sold him the F150 to use, and he let me use it whenever...then he traded it for a Raptor. I get do drive that now. It's sweet.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just bought a raptor myself, first truck I have ever owned but man I love this thing. I am waiting to break it in so I can get a fi exhaust and a tune but not sure which tune I am going with yet.

There are some fit and finish quality control things that drive me nuts but overall I am happy, I have the recaro package .

·
Registered
11,951 Posts
Decided mine's not going on the road this year.
Too many other projects needing done.
Still need to refurb the SSR wheels.
Still need to get tires.
Still need to get coilovers (KW CS most likely.)
With this chirus thing still going on, biz is in the toilet, and the wife's company decided to retroactively cut her pay as well.

I'll probably unpack it to do some cleanup/repair work, pull the BFMIC out and put the stocker back in, drain out all the gas since it'll be 6 months since it went into hibernation, and I wasn't expecting it to be down for a year+.

2681 - 2700 of 2730 Posts