Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can now attest that when the car is running rough while idling (gauge at 200-220 degrees), I do hear a clicking sound from the trunk area. When the idle is smooth, I don't hear the clicking sound.

I guess it is the fuel pump for now until tomorrow when I take it back to the dealership to take care of the problem.

Any suggestion?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Fuel pump on the fritz?

·
Registered
905 Posts
i heard a ticking noise at idle when I first got it, but that's because the dealership gave me a full tank of 87. Cleared out once that tank was gone.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Damn I feel bad for you cali guys...forced to use that uber crappy 91...thats the mid-grade over here in FL.

I would geuss its the pump as well, not much you can do besides taking it to the dealer.

When you say rough idling what do you mean? Is the needle bouncing around the tach? Or is the car vibrating?

·
Registered
584 Posts
Not only is the best octane rating we can get 91, but it also costs $2.30 a gallon. I know the difference...I just moved here from Florida last August.

The one thing we have you guys don't though is the women. 8)

·
Registered
207 Posts
Psamtik said:
Not only is the best octane rating we can get 91, but it also costs $2.30 a gallon. I know the difference...I just moved here from Florida last August.

ooohhh...we have women......just not as many good looking ones ;)

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
Psamtik said:
I've lived in both California & Florida (recently moved back) and they both have some of the finest woman in the country. Florida is where I found my wife actually. :wink:

Before anyone says it, no, I didn't lose her and then find her here.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
The ruff idle is the stock shity mounts. I would feel ruff idle,engine movement untill I put the DM mounts. The fuel filter sound is normal. I dont think it anything,but then again 7/70 is for is there for that .

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Damn...1.45 and we have refinarys here....Damn Gov Davis.

Ok...WTF over....I go to the dealer this morning and guess what? The stupid idler problem decided to work now.

We let the car run for five-mintues before he gives me his card. Told me to call him if it decided to act up again.

I was in total disbelief. It seems the car had a mind of its own.

Drove it home and nothing now. Strange...maybe it is posessed :)twisted: ). Hey...I think i Need that evil ram heads someone made here.

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quark said:
Damn I feel bad for you cali guys...forced to use that uber crappy 91...thats the mid-grade over here in FL.

I would geuss its the pump as well, not much you can do besides taking it to the dealer.

When you say rough idling what do you mean? Is the needle bouncing around the tach? Or is the car vibrating?
Quark...the car begins to shake violently. The boost needle (vacuum side) spikes up and down...also between 3200-3700 it jerks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
10 Participants
hemidakota
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing