Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys this is my first post on this board.

I just got my SRT-4 this week. I have put about 600 mi on it and it has begun to idle a little rough. it isn't like it is a bad spark plug or something because it is very speratic and very faint. I can feel it when I am stopped at a light. you can feel it in the seat and a little in the peddles. that dosn't worry me as much as the other thing. when I am driving about 70 and mash the gas you can feel the car cut-out a little. not significant but worriesome.

and further more when you turn the car off while the clutch is engaged it makes a clink noise if the clitch is disengaged it does nothing. I know the it didn't do this when I bought it. is this normal?

anybody have any ideas on how to fix it?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
oh another thing, when I put it in reverse it makes a wierd noise. like a wine. but not the normal reverse wine.... not a good thing

·
Registered
698 Posts
Well I have the same ? as you with the first one. Maybe when ur driving 70 and u mash it the cut out is just the lil wait for the turbo to spool? I dunno about your last ? I dont know anyone who shuts the car off w/ the clutch engaged.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it is after the turbo is already at like 10-12 psi. and what I ment by clutch engaged is car in nuteral and foot off clutch disengaged foot pressing on clutch. it is going into the shop on tues. and I know that they are going to tell me bad gas. but I got a new tank and I put the octane boost in just to make sure and the bad idle is still there

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
huh.... well that makes me feel a little better

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes and it saies to gap the stock plugs. but nothing on the clink.... or reverse sound.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
I know there is a common problem with a harness in the front of the engine bay. it makes a bad connection and idles ruff!. Look around, someone will be able to explain the solution better!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts