Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone Else ???
600 miles with engine at operating temperature -- feels like a cylinder is dropping out at idle.
My dealer claims they have no tech info for this vehicle yet and they will call me for an appt. as soon as they get their sercive manuals.!!! ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26,203 Posts
TTigger said:
Anyone Else ???
600 miles with engine at operating temperature -- feels like a cylinder is dropping out at idle.
My dealer claims they have no tech info for this vehicle yet and they will call me for an appt. as soon as they get their sercive manuals.!!! :?
I agree, I have a rough idle also. But I am waiting until I hit the magical 500 miles to change out the dino oil for tri-sync Mobil 1 and a K&N Oil Filter before taking it in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,270 Posts
Yeah, I got 1450 miles and feel the same thing. I don't want to say it's missing, but it almost feels like a lighter version of it? (if that makes any sense?) I thought it was just me, but I guess its not. Not sure what it could be. A foul plug? I run 92 or 93 octane and the oil was changed at 1400 miles with Mobil 1.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,270 Posts
Re: Oil

TTigger said:
Owners manual recommends Mobil 1 synthetic. I wonder if they come from the factory with synthetic in them?
Yes, I firmly believe when I changed my oil last weekend that it was indeed synthetic. Synthetic oil has a comletly different body than conventional oil.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,270 Posts
NeonWaSp said:
is there anyone NOT having a problem with their SRT?
Wasp, I really wouldn't consider this a REAL problem, at least not yet. I could be just how the engine idles. Mine is slight, but yet is still noticeable. I'm not really worried about it.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,843 Posts
some guy on .org said his would dip below idle a lot and the other day it flat out stalled :\

i dont like the sound of all this
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,971 Posts
Mine's not having any problem, I've got 1600 miles on it. Might just need some more miles on it. The service manuals are out, I've got one. Tell your dealer to order it, and they should have it in a week.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is manual hard copy or CD ?

ebbtide said:
Mine's not having any problem, I've got 1600 miles on it. Might just need some more miles on it. The service manuals are out, I've got one. Tell your dealer to order it, and they should have it in a week.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,223 Posts
For reference:

I've had my oil changed with 10w30 Mobil 1 synthetic. Also, I run 93 octane from BP (Amoco ultimate.)


One more thing. Rough idle can be attribituted to a bad MAP sensor or MAF. Everyone keep an eye on both of those parts.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
180 Posts
I think we're getting our panties all bunched up over nothing here. EFI engines don't always immediately adapt to fast changes in weather and driving habits. A little rough idle once in a while is no big deal. If it idles rough all the time there's probably a problem. Be patient. Is the engine light on? No? Is the car still performing well? Yes? Don't sweat it! Drive and be happy!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26,203 Posts
Mike B. said:
I think we're getting our panties all bunched up over nothing here. EFI engines don't always immediately adapt to fast changes in weather and driving habits. A little rough idle once in a while is no big deal. If it idles rough all the time there's probably a problem. Be patient. Is the engine light on? No? Is the car still performing well? Yes? Don't sweat it! Drive and be happy!
Mike, I am totally agreeing in the statement but 'WHERE IN THE HELL IS THE LSD UNIT?" LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,083 Posts
Mike B. said:
I think we're getting our panties all bunched up over nothing here. EFI engines don't always immediately adapt to fast changes in weather and driving habits. A little rough idle once in a while is no big deal. If it idles rough all the time there's probably a problem. Be patient. Is the engine light on? No? Is the car still performing well? Yes? Don't sweat it! Drive and be happy!
Thank you.
 
1 - 20 of 69 Posts
About this Discussion
68 Replies
35 Participants
joe_blow88
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing
Top