Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help. Sometimes after I drive my car hard I get a rough idle when I come to a stop or it may even stall. I have the agp wastegate boostin 17 lbs, 15 to redline and I am on stage 0. I have never had this problem before. I have hit the fuel cutoff but never had this rough idle. I am throwing a cel at the moment and I have not reset the pcm. Could this be the problem? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
electric blue said:
I need some help. Sometimes after I drive my car hard I get a rough idle when I come to a stop or it may even stall. I have the agp wastegate boostin 17 lbs, 15 to redline and I am on stage 0. I have never had this problem before. I have hit the fuel cutoff but never had this rough idle. I am throwing a cel at the moment and I have not reset the pcm. Could this be the problem? Any help would be appreciated.
what are your plugs gapped at?

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
what i was wondering because this hasnt happened to me but y do the TPS's go badd??? and then the TIP is where the harness breaks correct

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
electric blue said:
the plugs are stock. I have not changed them or regapped them.
im not 100% but higher boost= smaller gap. correct me if im wrong

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I would turn the boost down some and/or get stage1. get new wires and sparkplugs NGK 4306s gap @ .40

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have the boost turned all the way down on the bc. And it still spikes 17 and holds 14 or 15 to red line. Funny thing is I gunned it a bunch of times yesterday and did not have any idle issues. So it ias not happening all the time.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
electric blue said:
I have the boost turned all the way down on the bc. And it still spikes 17 and holds 14 or 15 to red line. Funny thing is I gunned it a bunch of times yesterday and did not have any idle issues. So it ias not happening all the time.
did you reset the pcm to clear the overboost code? I remember when I was having TPS issues everytime I reset the PCM it ran fine for a day or two and then the symptoms came back. do the plugs/wires switch if the rough idle returns.

·
Registered
48 Posts
problem

jfsrt4 said:
I would say TPS wiring is goin bad...
If the TPS had a problem the ecu would throw a TPS code. You probaly are boosting a little too high for the stock ecu so before full cuts alltogether it retards timing and richens up the a/f mix - if the a/f is too rich the car could stall or run rough when going back to idle. The only real way to tell would be to hook up a DRB 3 factory scan tool and look at the data parameters. To troubleshoot turn your WGA down to operate at stock boost levels and see if the problem goes away.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the info guys. I am going to reset my pcm and see what code I throw. I will turn down the wastegate and see if the problem goes away. If it does not I will assume it is the tps harness.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I also had the TPS harness problem, only no codes were thrown. If the black ground wire on the harness is only partially severed, you may still see idle problems due to fluctuating voltage, but not all the time.

Turns out my wire was connected only by one thread- enough to affect the idle, but not enough to throw a code.

Just get a harness at the dealership for 22 bucks.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts