Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I thought I would get your guys opinion... this problem is driving me bonkers. It all started a couple months ago.​

I installed the HKS EVC5. Everything went in fine...no problems. I’m not even sure it’s related, but I thought it worth mentioning. Then, like a month later I noticed that when going about 3/4 throttle holding and then going full throttle the car would really shake.​

At the time I was running the Denso plugs and wires. I recently changed over to Crane wires and Champion double platinum’s. The shaking appeared to have gone away. However, now my idling is very rough...I changed back to some old champions that I had and the idling went away (shaking once again happening). So I changed the plugs back and the rough idling was back again. I then changed the plugs out one by one and found that the bad idling was minimum, if I didn’t have all 4 of the double platinum in.​

So, right now, I’m running with 3 double plats. and 1 champ. It idles decent and the shaking still happens, but only if I just gun it…sometimes. If I accelerate like normal it seems to be fine.​

Any ideas?​

Thanks,​

Colleen​

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Hi honey!

First off, get rid of those plat plugs! They burn WAY to hot for our cars :(

How many miles did you have on your Denso's? Where they iridium? What is your plug gap? Are you runnin' stock coil?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.