Dodge SRT Forum banner

Rookie Time Slips....

960 views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  slammed97ram 
#1 ·
I finally got a chance to hit the track for the first time. I've posted my top 3 times. My mods are listed below. I will be adding a 3" turbo back exhaust and short shifter next month. After that I'm adding a bigger fmic. Feel free to comment or leave advice for future runs...

Best__________2nd_________3rd__________________
R/T-----.525-----.311-----------.490
60'----2.355-----2.325---------2.371
330--- 6.175-----6.247--------6.289
1/8-----9.18-----9.395---------9.439
MPH---79.88-----80.33--------80.28
1000----N/A-----12.099-------12.104
1/4---14.181-----14.352------14.361
MPH---98.95-----101.71------101.13

#4 ·
well guys, read the thread title, he just got done telling you he is a rookie, what the hell do you expect, a 10 second run the first time the guy launches the car? jeebus cripes give the guy a break...

looking at your mods list, you basically dont have anything that is going to boost your power much. the WGA is the only component youve got that will add REAL results, but you have to tune it right. i recommend combining the WGA with a MAP clamp for optimum results for a budget. the intake isnt going to do you any good at as low of power levels as you are. honestly at your level, the stock intake is probably acutally better since it pulls its air from the fender rather than the hot eninge bay.

all in all, not bad runs for a rookie though, your et and trap aint too bad for a first timer, you just need to practice, thats all. what is your launching technique? and are you heating the drag radials before you launch or are you just lining up and taking off?

#5 ·
lunchbox660 said:
well guys, read the thread title, he just got done telling you he is a rookie, what the hell do you expect, a 10 second run the first time the guy launches the car? jeebus cripes give the guy a break...

looking at your mods list, you basically dont have anything that is going to boost your power much. the WGA is the only component youve got that will add REAL results, but you have to tune it right. i recommend combining the WGA with a MAP clamp for optimum results for a budget. the intake isnt going to do you any good at as low of power levels as you are. honestly at your level, the stock intake is probably acutally better since it pulls its air from the fender rather than the hot eninge bay.

all in all, not bad runs for a rookie though, your et and trap aint too bad for a first timer, you just need to practice, thats all. what is your launching technique? and are you heating the drag radials before you launch or are you just lining up and taking off?
..im not knockin on the guy at all, he wanted feedback so i said work on your 60ft.

#7 ·
your on the right path then, get a wideband and a mapclamp and you'll def see some 13's, and you dont HAVE TO do a burn out just try launching a little more agressive atleast 2,500 and you'll grip right up and get a better 60ft.

#10 · (Edited)
morphiusrt said:
always remember a little tire spin is ok, i used to think if the tires spin the run is garbage but then my fastest runs were when the tires screeched a little but, what is your boost at?
Maximum traction is when the tire is slipping a little bit (slip angle), if they aren't screeching your not going fast enough =) The same goes for cornering.

Cut those 60' foot times down and you will be in the mid 13's easy. I am running 13.7's factory so there is still some time to work on for you =)

101 MPH trap is saying your shifting decent, just get that launch down. When I launched I was at 2000-2200 full throttle on the green light bring the RPM's up while slipping the clutch to 3500-4000. But then this is for stocker tires and BFG's might need a bit more abuse. I think BFG's on a factory car will get you 13.5's or so. I am sure someone else knows for sure.

2000-2200 off the line but once the tires start going bring the revvs up to 3500 or so to get the turbo spooling while slipping the clutch while making sure your tires are making a decent bit of noise.

Bah I need to goto bed 2am here, your on BFG's launching might be totally different than the KDW's I had...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.