Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while back a guy rolled his bumper and painted the parts that were exposed by rolling the bumper black, anyone have this thread?...also do u have some more pics or what paint did u use? i just got my side exit and when i do the rolled bumper i wanna paint the exposed suspension coments and the spare tire well...
 

·
Premium Member (Lifetime), SRT of the Month, 2011
Joined
·
4,574 Posts
PatNy said:
A while back a guy rolled his bumper and painted the parts that were exposed by rolling the bumper black, anyone have this thread?...also do u have some more pics or what paint did u use? i just got my side exit and when i do the rolled bumper i wanna paint the exposed suspension coments and the spare tire well...

I did this over the weeknend...got the idea from the same thread but have no idea where I found it. I can take a picture and post it for you if you'd like?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i would love it, what did u use to paint the components?....any old spray paint?....i was worried to just go ahead and use regular spray paint cause i didnt wanna hurt anything...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,694 Posts
It may have been me that you're talking about. A few others have painted under there too. I can't find the original thread that I started because of the website problems.

Before:



After:


I painted the spare tire well also, but I can't find the picture of that. I used hi-temp muffler paint that I had left over. I'm sure any durable paint will do.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i wont run into problems with the paint harding any parts?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,694 Posts
PatNy said:
i wont run into problems with the paint harding any parts?
I didn't have any problems. The only thing I taped off was the Hotchkis sway bar. When you start spraying, you'll see that it doesn't take a lot to cover.
I used Rustoleum BBQ paint because I had it left over from painting my muffler.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sweet looks like ill use the left over flat black spray paint i have from painting my emblem and what not....ill be sure to get some pics up
 

·
Premium Member (Lifetime), SRT of the Month, 2011
Joined
·
4,574 Posts
Mine looks identical to Wheat_Burner even down to the Hotchkis Sway! I willl take a picture of it anyway for you and post it up. I also used the Rustoleum paint, came out great! I used the flat black and it has a really nice nozel on it that sprayed flawlessly!
 

·
Premium Member (Lifetime), SRT of the Month, 2011
Joined
·
4,574 Posts
Here is what mine looks like...

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
im spraying my spare tire thing also...i have regular rustoliem spray paint flat black
 

·
Premium Member (Lifetime), SRT of the Month, 2011
Joined
·
4,574 Posts
PatNy said:
im spraying my spare tire thing also...i have regular rustoliem spray paint flat black

Take a pic, I would like to see what that will look like!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
379 Posts
painting the muffler is fucking genius!! Im gonna do that to mine once it comes in. Keep the damn cops off your ass.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
193 Posts
Any of you guys know of a good shop in Maryland that would do the rolled bumper work?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,712 Posts
SilverBullet2K4 said:
Any of you guys know of a good shop in Maryland that would do the rolled bumper work?
It is very simple to do, something you can do yourself in a few minutes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
193 Posts
REALLY!!!

Do you have some instructions on it? I would love a PM or email explaining how to do it. Let me know, I think it is a great look.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
193 Posts
Bump to BaByVpr
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top