Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not doing anything wrong! I didn't even adjust it since you guys assembled it and sent it back to me. I didn't have to. I put it on, and was good to go.

Happened two days ago. Same occurance as last time. Diriving along. Upper RPM's in 3rd gear. Pedel to the floor and then pegged the boost needle. I've got a MBC so there is a bleed.

I don't know if anyone else had this problems. If not, where do you get your vacUUm from? Green/blue line, or straight from the manifold?

btw, if you don't remember, this is a RAGE brand Forge WGA.

I decided to post here instead of calling, I didn't know if you guys would be workin' today or not.

·
Registered
84 Posts
We are finally back today after being closed due to Hurricane Frances.

I'm sorry your having issues with the actuator.

Give me a call and we'll work out the details of a solution.

Regards,

Mike

407-447-5363

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Mike. Called earlier and talked to someone, he said you were with another customer, and I left a message for Tom to call me. ^^^ person said he was gonna be in between 12-2.

If I don't get a call back, I'll call tommorrow. Thanks again :)

Micheal

·
Registered
663 Posts
Is this the bent arm one, or the straight arm one. Where are you referencing from? I was referencing directly from the manifold and was ripping diaphragms every couple weeks. I talked to Tom and he thinks that its because the vacuum from the manifold was pulling the diaphragm and ripping it. I am now using the blue line and its working well.

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Straight arm (Rage version)

Straight from the manifold. I think I figured out a way to solve my problem. I put in my 18-20+ pound spring, and I get ZERO part throttle overboost. In turn, I don't get the quick spike that I believe was casueing my diaphram to rip.

·
Registered
21 Posts
When routing the actuator reference you should make sure it is a "positive" only pressure source. Actuators are built to push the rod and open the wastegate at a specific positive pressure, or boost. This is why almost all manufacturers run an actuator reference directly off the turbo compressor cover. If vacuum, or negative pressure, is introduced to the system it can affect the positioning of the diaphragm against the internal body of the cap of the actuator. We do not make the diaphragm nor machine the inner body of the cap for this type of movement as there is no need for anyone to be running vacuum to the actuator. If the reference is off the intake, you will be running vacuum and boost to the actuator which, as stated above, is not recommended. A positive pressure can be sourced anywhere from the compressor cover to just before the throttle body in the pressurized tubing of the system. Hope this helps!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts