Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
yep, this baffles me... my car has been put back to stock with only stage 1, AEM short ram intake, and DC 3" exhaust...

i put it back to stage 1 today, put all vacuum lines where they belong (only ones i ever messed with were blue, red, and green, green was the only one i had to close back up for this) then reset the ECU for 2 hours.

boost spikes like crazy. and this is not the only configuration it spikes in, i can hook the stock actuator to the green line still does it WTF?!?!?!?!?! i should only get 4psi? the only way i could not get it to spike was to put the Rage WGA and set the swing valve off to the passenger side a bit...

sat i got back to stock and if it still does it well i may be looking to blow the thing up :flame: cause this makes no sense at all to me...

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
wow thats wierd as shit. OK go thru and tell us EXACTLY what it is doing...cuz ur post isnt entirely clear

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
welll basically all it does is what i said haha which is nothing good...

take off and it will boost all the way past 20 till the needle points at about 6:00 and once it hit fuel cut. and i know it's bad to do that so i only get on it once after everytime i try doing something to it... usually i watch it go to about 17psi and know that is not right at all for stock... it did this with the stage 1, it also did it with the stock actuator hooked to the green line on stage 1 (supposed to give me 4psi), WTF?!?! then i went to stock and it still does it... the only way i can get it to not do it is if i hook up my rage actuator and detune the hell out of it and pasically tune it to run like 5 psi which it will hold for a little bit then work it's way up to about 15psi by redline... so no matter what i do with any vacuum source it still wants to climb up no matter what.

i'm kind of screwed too cause all i have is this car and my rabbit and neither of them are running right now (rabbit needs a knock sensor cause the ignition timing is controlled by knock and crank position sensors) and the only way i've been gettign around at all is working the gas on the SRT like it is the wastegate... which i don't know for sure how bad that is on the car, but i do know as bad as the rabbit is right now i'm gonna start driving that till i get this fixed...

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
maybe one of your lines is mixed up and the DV is sticking shut and never venting boost? this is wierd indeed. if the boost creeps too high you could hit the surge limit and stall out the turbine and bend some blades.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
What are you using to measure psi? Stock Gauge only? Maybe your gauge if f**ked.

Does it feel like 20psi? for example does the car feel a lot faster or are you just watching the gauge top out?

Maybe this is another way the stock gauge malfunctions.

Just a thought (Don't know if it has already been mentioned or not)

Also, what if you had a leak/crack in a hose, wouldn't that cause the PCM to compensate and overboost to make up for the leak (Major Bleed Mod). Have you checked all of your vacuum lines to see if they are in tact?

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
all vacuum lines are in tact...

not using factory diverter, using Turbo XS RFL

and it's not that it feels fast, it feels really slow like there is way too much air going into my engine and it hit fuel cut so there is that much boost going in the car i think...

i am absolutely stumped...

the only things left on the car are the 3" short ram, 3" dc exhaust, and the ATP pressure pipe and turbo XS RFL (have never had a problem with it, i used form a gasket on the stainless pipe and it never once even thought to move.. so i don't think that is leaking...)

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
stock gauge. the psi for sure don't know but the needle faced int he 6:00 position the only time i let it hit fuel cut, i wanted to see if for some odd reason it was crazy spiking and it doesn't turn out that way...

and i do appreciate any help, thanks

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Since you said the car doesn't seem to feel faster and your only using the stock gague I would add in a different gauge or (or other bosst reading device :) ) and see if maybe the gauge is just screwed.

I have read a few threads with people have all different kinds of problems with their stock gauges, maybe this is a new (undiscovered) defect

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
it's def. over boosting i've had this sort of problem with older VW's (digifant computer) which is alot easier to fix. it will run lean and barely run, the car has almost no power at all def. alot slower than stock. if you run it part throttle you can find for a second the air fuel ratio is half decent and will pull for a second, but WOT the car doesn't go and boosts alot... i guess thursday i hope the dealer can tell me something about why this is happening...

·
Registered
76 Posts
hi if you put every thing stock you let the ecu lern. drive the car for a wail i had some thing like that when i in stol my agp wga the car was hiting 20 psi and over i drove it four like 20 mil geting in out till the ecu takes over hope that helpes

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i drove it probably 100 miles hoping i could baby it to get the computer to learn to get it to work right, no luck... why do i get all the bad luck with cars haha

thanks for the suggestion... i wonder why mine won't work...

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
if anyone has been watching curiously i have found the problem... i found it while i was taking my intake off t put the stock airbox on. there is a sensor mounted to the back side of the head on the driver side that has a male end of a spade clip on it and a one wire i think female plastic covered end attaches to. that was unplugged... i reset my ECU and it is now learning fuel curves and spikes to 17 to 20 psi but does drop and the more i've been drving it the better it's been getting...

i took pics of the sensor if anyone wants to see...

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
sweet man im glad you found it...talk about wierd

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i'm sure i did it but i would def. warn people off it cause it must have happened while installing or removing the intake cause it's much fatter than the stock pipe...

i knwo it's form the intake cause it was bent a little bit. but it's really easy to pull off and it's not easy to see back there so if you knock it off you may never even know, i only found it because i somehow lost the pipe that goes to the breather part of the valve cover and found that looking for it haha

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.