Dodge SRT Forum banner

"Rice" is over used!

3K views 65 replies 36 participants last post by  SLCFast4 
#1 ·
Hey guys i thought i would put my .02 in and just say on this forum you all own SRT-4's or most of you do. Well stop calling something rice. Its that persons car let them do what they want. BTW it cant be rice its a dodge.

I use the term but on american cars i like not to use it as much plus if someone likes it dont flame him because hes not like you. Thats just lame if your flaming someone else because they have diffrent taste then you. Well :hi:

-Jeremie

BTW the Blue SRT-4 is better then yellow.

#7 ·
MnDriver said:
Hey guys i thought i would put my .02 in and just say on this forum you all own SRT-4's or most of you do. Well stop calling something rice. Its that persons car let them do what they want. BTW it cant be rice its a dodge.

I use the term but on american cars i like not to use it as much plus if someone likes it dont flame him because hes not like you. Thats just lame if your flaming someone else because they have diffrent taste then you. Well :hi:

-Jeremie

The term "Rice" is not limited to Import cars because import cars them selves are not rice. Its the person behind the wheel that does something to the car to make it "rice".

Its a mantality, its an idea of what "looks cool" vs what performs and is functional.

If you understood the term "rice" then you would understand why people here use the word.

I will leave you with one example: Roof scoops on stock cars.

#8 ·
thank you captain obvious, now onto the rice subject, you want to talk about rice, have you seen the Cobra-R? you could use that wing for forest fire station.

#9 ·
MnDriver said:

-Jeremie

I 2nd this. It looks bad when you rip on other srt oners. If they post picks just say something nice or say nothing at all. It's there car they are paying for it not you. :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame:

#14 ·
Wasn't there a thread like two weeks ago that was almost the exact samething? About people using the term rice to much, or maybe it was VTEC.

#16 ·
chubz said:
The term "Rice" is not limited to Import cars because import cars them selves are not rice. Its the person behind the wheel that does something to the car to make it "rice".

Its a mantality, its an idea of what "looks cool" vs what performs and is functional.

If you understood the term "rice" then you would understand why people here use the word.

I will leave you with one example: Roof scoops on stock cars.
actually i disagree. i think everyone forgets that the term "rice" is abbreviated from the original term "rice burner". this was used to describe all of the economy imports that tried to think their car was fast because they added an intake, exhaust, etc. even though these "performance" parts added 10 - 20 HP, the car was still slow. yet they thought it was fast.

unfortunely the term "rice" HAS been over used and also extended to also include things that don't increase performance- such as wings, body kits, shift lights, etc. and now we have even started calling american cars rice! that only shows that people have lost complete track over where the term came from and what it really means. a regular Neon with a giant wing is just considered ridiculous, not rice. only imports can be called "rice". which is actually a play on the Japanese culture whom made them, considering the large role that rice plays in their foods.

#18 ·
ryedizzel said:
actually i disagree. i think everyone forgets that the term "rice" is abbreviated from the original term "rice burner". this was used to describe all of the economy imports that tried to think their car was fast because they added an intake, exhaust, etc. even though these "performance" parts added 10 - 20 HP, the car was still slow. yet they thought it was fast.

unfortunely the term "rice" HAS been over used and also extended to also include things that don't increase performance- such as wings, body kits, shift lights, etc. and now we have even started calling american cars rice! that only shows that people have lost complete track over where the term came from and what it really means. a regular Neon with a giant wing is just considered ridiculous, not rice. only imports can be called "rice". which is actually a play on the Japanese culture whom made them, considering the large role that rice plays in their foods.

At least that's what the young kids think about the origin of "rice"

"Rice burner" is correct as the beginning of the 'ricer' accusation, but the origins of Rice Burner has nothing to do with what the Japanese eat. The early rice burners were bikes that burned a fuel derived from rice.

Of course, our younger generations who rarely pay attention to what has happened before them, hear a phrase, make an assumption, and bastardize said phrase. Before long, you end up with an accurate description of a vehicle becoming a label for bad taste.

Speaking of bad taste, few people these days realize the Confederate Flag that is so treasured by the Southern ******* and so hated by the enlightened anti-******* really has very little to do with what they think it means.... Like "rice burner" the flag was turned into a symbol of racism and ignorance by people really don't care about the history, just that it was misused by a couple yahoos and their interpretation was a lot more interesting than the original...

#19 ·
well i stand corrected on the origins of "rice burner". :) i always thought it was a joke about them turning up the power on their rice cookers and slapping it into a Honda. (hence the extra power would burn the rice). hehe.

but either way, the term "rice" has clearly been over used and is now applied to things that totally contradict it's original meaning.

#20 ·
srt4turbo04 said:
Wasn't there a thread like two weeks ago that was almost the exact samething? About people using the term rice to much, or maybe it was VTEC.
it was rice, which turned into a 10 page argument about this kids car being "riced" out :stab: JEEZ, who cares? Like somebody said above, people are going to do what they want to do, if your not paying for the mods, you don't have to say anything if you don't like it, but i will admit i did call him a ricer because he always came back with your gay or f' off, or something ricy like that :lol:

#23 ·
Dale Seeley said:
At least that's what the young kids think about the origin of "rice"

"Rice burner" is correct as the beginning of the 'ricer' accusation, but the origins of Rice Burner has nothing to do with what the Japanese eat. The early rice burners were bikes that burned a fuel derived from rice.

Of course, our younger generations who rarely pay attention to what has happened before them, hear a phrase, make an assumption, and bastardize said phrase. Before long, you end up with an accurate description of a vehicle becoming a label for bad taste.

Speaking of bad taste, few people these days realize the Confederate Flag that is so treasured by the Southern ******* and so hated by the enlightened anti-******* really has very little to do with what they think it means.... Like "rice burner" the flag was turned into a symbol of racism and ignorance by people really don't care about the history, just that it was misused by a couple yahoos and their interpretation was a lot more interesting than the original...
Wow, you linked 'RICE' to the Confederate Flag. That is quite and jump. :lol:

Now, people won't read your whole message and twist is all up to mean that 'Rice' may have something to do with 'RACISM'. :wah?!:

I perfer to stick with calling things gay. :gay:

Like: Akuna, your car is ...gay. :thumbsup:

#24 ·
Actually I was just thinking to myself last night how over-used the term rice is. Seems to me that what is considered rice is anything that is done to the cars in F&F. Now granted there is a group of teenage kids that saw the movie and wanted their moms honda to look like those cars from the movie, but if I want to put underbody neons on my SRT it's not because I'm trying to copy the movie, people have been doing it for years before the import scene came to be. But if I do it now and post a pic, within the first 5 replies someone will get on and say "RICE".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.