Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
well, I got this installed today, and I wish I had pictures of it right next to a stock intake mani, the difference is insane, the runners are 1/8 inch wide on all sides (if not more) and the area near the throttle body, the difference is so obvious it isn't funny.

so to the performance area of it, I have the iceman TB with it, so my throttle response is already better then stock...but this with the manifold, I've got to say this car jumps at the touch of the gas, which IMO thats how it should be, the car overall also seems to even run smoother

I finally get on it, car spools quicker and the response is immediately noticeable....the car through the whole RPM band feels better, but around 5000rpms is where the real difference is, my car has never pulled so hard in 5k plus rpms, I'm amazed at how well this thing is performing and I love it, overall this mod is well worth the $$.

I highly recomend this as a must do mod for anyone, especially in conjunction with the iceman tb!

-Lucas.

for info on it go to Rage Technologies section and/or call Nemo at Rage-Tek

Rage-Tek Number-(954)978-0978

·
Registered
985 Posts
how much does the intake cost?

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
188+ a refundable $240 core charge or you can buy it outright for $428

·
Registered
990 Posts
sweet.....lucas is closer to 300whp?

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hopefully over it, dyno'd at 287/336 without the tb or intake mani....

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Acidryno said:
pics, need piscs.
the one with all blue is stock, the one somewhat ported is about half-way done...he ports it even more then that then smooths it out.

stock

ported but not cleaned up yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
867 Posts
How much is taken off and is it flow benched? How much of a CFM differents?
The whole Manifold is polished? The runners completely polished? I see the scribed port line.

The injector port looks ate up, but it says it isn't cleaned up.

I've done P&P work myself, so I'm just asking.

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've already said how much is cleaned up, about 1/8 of an inch

nothing is "polished" persay, its all ported out, the smoothed, I call polishing where it feels like waxed glass, this is just really smooth, no metal shavings or grooves noticeable

the injector port is fine, the area wasn't even done when the pic was taken, not smoothed or anything, the injectors fit just as good at before.

you can't argue with a $188 part that does 16HP more, on a car with kess mods then me, plus I can feel a definte difference so I'm happy as hell about it.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Nope, $188 is just fine.

Yes, there are different points of view of the word polished, waxed glass is not what I'm looking for ;)

But, the bench is the true test. Hey, for the hp/tq gains are good, so I think it's a well made mod.

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
dyno the biotch :) good review btw been meaning to ask nemo if there was gonna be an Iceman + ported manifold + near 300whp stock turbo car test

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'll be dynoing the 18th...as said before, I hope to be over 300whp on the dyno on stock turbo with no fuel management or BC.

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
SlowV6 said:
Post the graph with the a/f for us to see :)

14.1! :ducks:
Jason, thats just silly talk.

·
Premium Member
4,869 Posts
sounds like an excellent mod. I wont even go into the stuff I have gone through to get mine....hopefully mine will perform just as well. I just gotta find a dyno so I can get mine dynoed when it comes in for before and after results.....if it sucks I am trashing it, but i doubt it will happen.....just have to wait and see. Not trying to thread hijack at all....just saying for the price you paid you got excellent results as far as we all can tell. I am just hoping mine are good as well.

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
just curious how do they port it all the way on the inside...
i don't see how u get down in there...
is throttle body port bigger for ice-man 70mm throttle body?????????

1 - 20 of 21 Posts