Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
I have done that before , it was of fthe car , but i just stuck a bolt and nut through there and tightened them up like that , but i am the type of person who dont really care , lol . Good luck , DONT STRIP IT lol

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wouldn't drilling it make it slightly bigger than the original hole and in need of a slightly bigger bolt? where can i find said drill bit to perform this minor surgery and what does tapping involve?

·
Registered
56 Posts
If you can get a smaller bolt through and put a nut on it, do it. That will save you all kinds of trouble. If you can't, then tapping isn't out of the question. Tapping involves buying a tapping set, and then figuring out which diameter and thread pattern you will need. Next, you may need to drill out the hole, or maybe not. It depends on how stripped it is. Then use the provided tool in the tap kit to screw the tap into the hole. You might need to go pretty slow to avoid breaking it. Then you will need to buy a bolt that matches your taps diameter and thread pattern. Hopefully that helps.

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
fwdracer said:
NCNTRL516 said:
wouldn't drilling it make it slightly bigger than the original hole and in need of a slightly bigger bolt? where can i find said drill bit to perform this minor surgery and what does tapping involve?
Tap it the same size it already is . If it's to jacked up Get a Heli Coil

http://www.emhart.com/products/helicoil.asp
id go with a time cert if they make em that small ....wouldnt trust a helicoil under pressure

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
fwdracer said:
BLKDOUTSRT4 said:
http://www.timesert.com/ LOL this banner was goin off below in this very thread....thats very fortunate timing
That does look a lot better. But I've seen heli coils used on, rocker bolts, brakes and other high stress parts with out failing.
whoever used helicoil on that stuff is a crazy ass mofo....time certs are used in engine blocks .....

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
I think the turbine housing is cast aluminum as opposed to cast iron, but the process should be the same.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts