i had to reply to his last comment...sigh what a moron

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
they absolutely have no clue....

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
funny how they brought sti's into the mix. little do most of them know how they claim 300 hp they mean 300 crank hp.. compaired to our 230 wheel hp... have you tried to see a stock STI put 300 crank hp to the wheels.. all 4 of them.. drivetrain loss is a bitch.. i know m friend had one and we raced daily...

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
I find it funny that they think our cars are fugly, whenever i look at a New Civic from the side, i cant tell which is the ft & which is the back of the car...........WTF?

·
Registered
705 Posts
i think hondas are ugly, and def for the price srt's are way better than honda civic si, i think honda forgot the h and t at the end.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
does anyside actually have a point to this argument both sides got valid statements and both manufacturers are good because both have been around for a while. what you guys have to remember that each company builds a car to what they think might sell. dodge put out a car that was ment to bring back some of the customers they lost for making vehicles that where not exactly high quality by that i mean they where putting out crap,when your paint starts to peel off thats not quality. they where always capable of doing it but it took a german company buying them out to accomplish that. and thats good the import companys like toyota and honda and the reason i say toyota and honda is because they are the only 2 japanesse companys that are not owend by anyone else. need to wake up and smell the horsepower before they lose all their young customers because they are concentrating on the middle aged and putting out overpriced econoboxes like the like the si,s2000,rsx,nsx,camry,scions,ect. and justifing them buy saying that they out last the competition and have a higher resale .but what they are forgeting is that it may be fine in japan but americans would rather have their high horsepower than resale value. but remember that any car manufacturer can put out a car that would destroy the competition for a while. so all of this argument is pointless.

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
I love how one guy, whos never built a turbo car, just knows guys that have is saying

"Just slap a turbo on there and kill all the SRTs"

Only to have one guy who actually owns one say

"Yeah, just slap a turbo on there, like its that easy, lol"

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Do their Si's really handle that much better than the SRT-4? I would imagine that if you threw a stock vs. stock car on an autocross course that the SRT-4 would still win much less if it was an ACR even.

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
If ignorance is bliss, they must all be high as hell on that forum.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I love all the shit about the SI handling. A stock SRT-4 would run circles around a stock SI on a road course. I don't care if the SI can pull 2.0 lateral G's, it's not going to make up the huge deficit in horsepower.

·
Registered
293 Posts
not that im bashing srt's in anyway, cause you all know i love em... but in my opinion the srt handles very poorly... even modded srts dont handle that great...

i hate to bring this up, but, my 17 year old 240 can easily outhandle even the modded srts... but i think the problem is that srts are sooo fast that turning is a problem...

i am basing this on being in Nicks srt where twice on rt 9 i thought i was gonna die when the rear end hopped off the road... same speeds my 240 has no problems...

again not bashing, and i love srts...

my 2 cents

1 - 20 of 36 Posts