Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching around and I'm too tired to keep looking. For those who have 18x8 wheels wrapped with 235 series tires, could I please get some detailed shots of them installed? When I say detailed I mean direct shots in front, rear and sides to see how they sit on SRT's. Don't want picasso pics or those who like to take pics of a building and their SRT hidding in the background because it looks 'artistic' :stab:

Help me out here folks. I know tons of people have em, just wanna get a good look for myself before I make some moves. Appreciate the help. And if someone comes here and asks me to search, i will cut you. I am Puerto Rican. We carry blades. :ninja:
 

·
Forum Moderator
Joined
·
13,295 Posts
Here you go you big baby...compliments of silentwig..





 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,911 Posts
evo77 said:
ive read that many of times...but its confusing, thats what I dont understand...

"An offset lower than 35mm will place the wheel out and past the fender and an offset higher than 45mm will place the wheel too far inwards making it come into contact with the brake calipers and/or suspension."

but when you take that comment and compare it to the pic you have above it showing positive offest,....it doesnt make sense. According to your first statement, an offset of say 30mm would push the wheel out more toward the fender and an offset of 40 would push it toward the strut...

Just answer this....whats the difference between a 35 offest and a 40? as far as how it fits with the fender...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,079 Posts
hozay09 said:
More input!!

Flik Justice (anthracite)
Size: 18x8
PCD: 5x100
ET: 35
Weight: 25lbs
www.edgeracing.com

The tires are Kelly Springfield Evo Z 235/40/18
EVO-Z
Ultra High-Performance Radial

* Low profile, wider footprint and Z speed rating provides ultra high-performance appearance and handling
* Directional tread design and natural-flow tread grooves sweep away water and improve wet braking
* Spirally wound nylon cap plies provide a smooth ride and ultra high-performance
* Shoulder tread elements improve cornering traction
* Refined bead-area design promotes uniform balanced ride
* Rim flange protector guards expensive wheels against curb damage
* High-performance tread compound provides excellent wet and dry traction
* UTQG 420 AA A

I cant stress how well these are in the rain. They are GREAT!!!!
 

·
Forum Moderator
Joined
·
13,295 Posts
csufdrew said:
ive read that many of times...but its confusing, thats what I dont understand...

"An offset lower than 35mm will place the wheel out and past the fender and an offset higher than 45mm will place the wheel too far inwards making it come into contact with the brake calipers and/or suspension."

but when you take that comment and compare it to the pic you have above it showing positive offest,....it doesnt make sense. According to your first statement, an offset of say 30mm would push the wheel out more toward the fender and an offset of 40 would push it toward the strut...

Just answer this....whats the difference between a 35 offest and a 40? as far as how it fits with the fender...
35 offset lines up the wheel with the fender. Anything lower will make the wheel stick out. Watch the animated gif and see if it makes a little more sense.

 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
601 Posts
evo77 said:
35 offset lines up the wheel with the fender. Anything lower will make the wheel stick out. Watch the animated gif and see if it makes a little more sense.

Evo:

Great pic. That makes things easier to understand. And this is why, simply, you are the best at what you do. The SRT forum members are lucky to have you.
 

·
Forum Moderator
Joined
·
13,295 Posts
raining_shadows said:
Evo:

Great pic. That makes things easier to understand. And this is why, simply, you are the best at what you do. The SRT forum members are lucky to have you.
Appreciate the compliment. Thanks. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
raining_shadows said:
Evo:

Great pic. That makes things easier to understand. And this is why, simply, you are the best at what you do. The SRT forum members are lucky to have you.

I've only posted on here a few times, but I read pretty much all of Evo's posts. I've got to say, you're a great asset to this site man. Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,079 Posts
csufdrew said:
what size rims, tires and offset in those pics?
:ftard: (If youre talking about the pics evo posted of my car). I gave the complete specs several posts up.

Since the title of the thread is "Request: Those with 18x8 w/ 235 series rubber..", it only leaves 2 more numbers you need to acquire; look up.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top