Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MY QUESTION: I am looking for a modified turbo kit for the 2003 Dodge SRT-4 vehicle. I am interesting in something that will push the car into the low 12s without changing any internals or using any NOS kits.

REPLY: Hi Steven,

Since the car is new there are no kits as of yet for the car. Since your car uses a mitsu. TD04 turbo we should have upgrades coming in the near future. The problem is that it’s a reverse rotation turbo and all the parts will be specifically for that turbo, whereas if it wasn’t we would already have upgrades available. Now we could have you come by and set up a consultation to have one of our techs see what we could fab up for your car to fit a larger turbo on or something of those lines. If you have any questions please feel free to call or email me back. Thank you for your interest!

Cory McDonald

Sales

214-544-7160

[email protected]

www.forcedperformance.net

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
From www.relentlessracing.com

Ported manifold & turbo packages- New assemblies that are ported & polished in the critical turbine and outlet areas, includes gaskets, heat shields and oil return tube. Can also be used as a stock replacement on SRT-4, PT Cruiser or the basis of a do it yourself turbo package. No core required, $625

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
drizze99 said:
From www.relentlessracing.com

Ported manifold & turbo packages- New assemblies that are ported & polished in the critical turbine and outlet areas, includes gaskets, heat shields and oil return tube. Can also be used as a stock replacement on SRT-4, PT Cruiser or the basis of a do it yourself turbo package. No core required, $625
Drizz, what is the expected output?

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
drizze99 said:
Hemi, I don't know the answer to that, but email Gary (owner) and he will respond to you. He is a real nice guy!

[email protected]
Here is the reply from GARY: As soon as the darn car gets here we will find out! The OEM manifold has a
few pretty rough and iregular areas which we take care of =)

Then I had the nerve to ask him do they need a beta car. LOL

·
Premium Member
784 Posts
Gary knows his stuff. He could probably do it without having the car, but he likes to dyno test and tune everything. He used to be a driveability technician for Chrysler (I believe thats what they call it), so he likes to make sure everything he sells works perfect on the road.

FWIW, have you ever seen the infamous video of a 2dr Silver colored Reliant spanking a Supra? Well if you have, that Reliant is Gary's car, it runs 10s in the quarter and is old school SOHC 8v turbo dodge powered. I am sure he still has a few tricks up his sleeve, as he is hoping to hits 9's this year.

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
There is not much you can do the factory setup. The manifold is restrictive and has small runners. You can port the manifold to make it larger somewhat and the turbine housing, you can port the outlet to it which is the small little cast downpipe that comes directly off it. Its very small. About 2" or so. You can only port it so much before it becomes to thin.

YOu can clip the rear turbine wheel. I think thast bout it with out having to modify external items like the stock BOV etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
Exhaust Depot
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing