Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
04 nsrt4. Car has 89k miles and is still on the original clutch. Needs a clutch fork. About to throw in a wikyd performance tob fork and an upgraded pivot ball. Contemplating throwing in an ACT HD-SS clutch and also replacing the rear main seal while I'm in there. Is that a good idea, or should I just leave the original clutch in there for now? It's not slipping at all as of the moment.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I did my fork a few years back. My clutch was fine. Stock clutches are stout unless you are pushing beyond stage 2 power. Left in my rear main seal. No leaks. 94000 miles

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Unless you're the original owner, I'd play it safe while I was in there and replace it anyways. RockAuto carries the OEM Sachs under #K7034401, but get a backup throwout bearing as every, single, one I've gotten with the included clutch has broken plastic tabs since it just rattles around freely inside the box.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
when your in there.. change
rear main seal
oil cooler coolant lines
coolant line that under the exhaust manifold

if your under 400hp, SBC is a good option too

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
South Bend Clutch.

Mys S3R car is till rocking SBC Stage 2 from RealTune after 8 years but not too many miles.

·
Registered
448 Posts
South Bend Clutch.

Mys S3R car is till rocking SBC Stage 2 from RealTune after 8 years but not too many miles.
How would you compare SBC to ACT?

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
ACT "xd" is a must for 500-750, both are good under 400
i had the act street full face xd for ~75k and it was flawless, i had the sbc for 80k until my rear main leaked on it..
sbc is a ligher peddle
i'm not a clutch masters fan, to soft a peddle, but many use them too

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
both are a+
sbc is cheaper but only holds to 500
act xd (they have 2 levels) full face is 500, 6 puck is closer to 700..
i think modern has all the ratings

The SBC seems to be lasting longer than either the ACT DN4-HDSS predecessor or the Mopar Performance clutches I had.

Reactions: Simon.Starkie
1 - 10 of 10 Posts