Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the bolt that is on the passenger side control arm. Is it the one that is right behind the lower motor mount and is pretty long. On the other side of the bolt there is some sort of nut that helps tighten the bolt down.

My issue is when the control arm was loosened at some point about 2 years ago it was never tightened all the way. I have brought it to several alignment places and nobody could figure out why my car would "clunk" every time the weight transferred. The other weekend I put it on jackstands and started torque specing everything myself. The last bolt I checked was this somewhat hidden bolt behind the lower motor mount(you have to take lowe motor mount off to get to it). Well since it was hand loose a couple of the threads were worn. I have since tightened the bolt up, but the car feels like it is getting loose again.

So I would like to just buy a whole new bolt if that is possible?

·
Administrator
39,150 Posts
The dealer should be able to get you that bolt without any problems. 06506039AA for the vertical bolt, 06504742 for the horizontal bolt, 06505595AA for the nut for the horizontal bolt.

That nut has an "arm" on it so you don't have to put a wrench on it to hold it in place once it gets started on the threads.

·
Premium Member
4,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The dealer should be able to get you that bolt without any problems. 06506039AA for the vertical bolt, 06504742 for the horizontal bolt, 06505595AA for the nut for the horizontal bolt.

That nut has an "arm" on it so you don't have to put a wrench on it to hold it in place once it gets started on the threads.
Yea the nut on the back is there and secures it...have no clue as to how it came loose in the first place. Whatever the reason thats the one that has the worn down threads.

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
what do u torque the horizontal and vertical bolts to, also the ball joint and bolt that hold sway bars to chassis?

·
Administrator
39,150 Posts
ball joint = 70 ft/lb
swaybar chassis mount = 250 in/lb (21 ft/lb)
front lower control arm bolt = 120 ft/lb
rear lower control arm bolt = 175 ft/lb

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
ball joint = 70 ft/lb
swaybar chassis mount = 250 in/lb (21 ft/lb)
front lower control arm bolt = 120 ft/lb
rear lower control arm bolt = 175 ft/lb
:hi:thanks very much my manual on disc wouldn't load

·
Registered
606 Posts
Just changed my control arm the one that's vertical is spinning and won't tighten any idea what could it be

·
Registered
293 Posts
That bolt threads into a nut that's welded to the inside of the chassis. Chances are yours was rusted in place and when you went to remove it you broke the welds holding the nut in place.

IIRC you can cut a small access hole in the floorpan to put a socket on the nut to remove it.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Thanks yeah once I get in all the way in it just spins I will look into it really didn't wanna cut into my floor board :(

·
Registered
606 Posts
Worked perfect it did break the weld I just moved it back to the original place and it went right in and tightened. thanks a bunch. this forum is so helpful and informational!!!!!

·
Registered
51 Posts

Hello can you explain a little more please. The bolt that runs horizontal on the drivers side - does it have a nut at the end with this “arm” mechanism also? Does the nut fall off or is fixed on the nut on the drivers side. Passenger side it falls off. Reason is..... my sub frame on the drivers side near this area was rotted and welded. The shop that did the weld - welded over this opening hole. So you can’t get the wrench in there or have access to the nut??? He needs to cut a hole now. Hopefully this is easy. His mistake. Thanks.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Worked perfect it did break the weld I just moved it back to the original place and it went right in and tightened. thanks a bunch. this forum is so helpful and informational!!!!!
So true! This information is so important and informative! Your learn from others which is amazing and sharing what happened all unique things. My car is very rusty northern Canada car. But an amazing srt4 2004. I can already for see this happening. Please please. Does anyone here know how to 100% avoid this lol from happening. Heat in the right place. ? Certain other tip. Plus if it broke the weld and you cut inside and tightened ok and all is good. Shouldn’t you re weld the area of where it was secure again? I know this is gonna happen but my bushing must be replaced.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts