Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had transmission fluid leaking from the passengers side axle seal. I replaced the seal with a brand new oem one from dodge an its still leaking. I crawled under the car to inspect it an its looks like its coming from the inner part of the seal where the intermediate shaft goes into the transmission. anyone know what could possibly cause this? any help its appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
72 Posts
When you pulled the old seal did you inspect the surface that the seal presses into? If its not a problem with the seal it may be that your cv axle may have a little play where it clips in to the diff allowing the fluid to leak out.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Replace your axle on that side. The surface of the old axle isnt sitting flush with the new seal. This happened to me and fixed the leak.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Replace your axle on that side. The surface of the old axle isnt sitting flush with the new seal. This happened to me and fixed the leak.
Why is that? Does the outer shaft push in the intermediate shaft more?? I currently have a reman shaft from autozone. I've changed out the seal 3 times already and it's still leaking... Probably best to get one from Mopar....

·
Registered
315 Posts
Why is that? Does the outer shaft push in the intermediate shaft more?? I currently have a reman shaft from autozone. I've changed out the seal 3 times already and it's still leaking... Probably best to get one from Mopar....
Best to get quality oem parts. That seal needs to be installed real carefully.

Those reman axles are decent, but try to get an oem one to avoid leaks.

Here's where I got mine. The high price was worth the peace of mind in the end.

Driveline - Mopar OEM Axles 03-05 Neon SRT4

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
srt4jdmkiller
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing