Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member (Lifetime), 2011 Calendar Car
12,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I remove the antenna mount in the passenger side fender? I noticed that the connector for the antenna at the radio side is broken, so I'm going to just remove the flag-pole all together and plug the hole in the fender.

·
Registered
429 Posts
i actually removed my whole antenna and bought a retractable one that pulls out. it was a pita to fit but looks great and when i pull it out its just as big as stock. the antenna mount screws off but its hard as hell i broke mine trying to get it off with plyers.

·
Registered
429 Posts

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
BUMP. I'd like to know how to do this without messing up the chrome mount.
I still don't understand how the shorty antenna will install without removing the chrome piece (male to male connection when I tried to install it?).

·
12,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the chrome mount unscrews and then you can remove the antenna mount. i tried it with some vice grips and it marked it up a little bit. im sure theres a special tool that fits in the three grooves to do it the right way.

·
Registered
12,006 Posts
i'm more interested in if the powered hideaway antenna actually works. everyone I've talked to who's tried one has said they suck major large animal gentialia.

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
i'm more interested in if the powered hideaway antenna actually works. everyone I've talked to who's tried one has said they suck major large animal gentialia.
C'mon, you just wanted to say, "large animal genetalia."

·
12,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
works pretty good :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
i actually removed my whole antenna and bought a retractable one that pulls out. it was a pita to fit but looks great and when i pull it out its just as big as stock. the antenna mount screws off but its hard as hell i broke mine trying to get it off with plyers.
What Antenna did you get im in the market for one

1 - 16 of 16 Posts