Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I am selling my 2003 Dodge Stratus R/T Sedan (5spd). Anyhow, I am putting most of the things back to stock and selling the parts. Is there a way to remove the VHT Nightshades from the tails, or do I just need to get new tails? I love the look, I just want to make sure the person buying the car doesnt have any questions or issues with the car.

If anyone could help, it would be greatly appreciated. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
if u have a girl ask her to borrow some nail polish remover that should work...if not take a trip down to the local pharmacy and get some it should work

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
i would venture to say that would eat some plastic finish of the taillights as well. it would prob leave it dull and cloudy looking. which would prob be worse then not doin anything. perhaps find some through car-parts.com, ebay or a dealer.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Try to use laquer thinner to wipe it off. After that you will have a cloudy surface. You can either get some 2000grit sandpaper and wetsand the surface smooth, and then go at it with rubbing compund , preferably with a machine buffer. You can also sand out scratches and polish them back to a shine with this method. Ive done this many times with gouged headlights and tailights from accidents, and you can get out 90% of all things out this way.

·
Registered
796 Posts
contraption22 said:
How about using some plastic lens polish?
that may clear it up a bit, but i have a feeling it will still be cloudy. it will eat through your paint if you get it on the car.

·
Banned
5,254 Posts
Try to sell it as is? I know you dont want the next owner to get sumthin he does not want, but the smoked look is cool and he/she might like it. If that is what hangs up the deal, try to remove and if it turns out sucky hit the junk yards for replacement

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
You will need to take the lamps out of course. Laquer thinner wont ruin urethane paint, but i wouldnt take the chance pf dulling anyways. Plastic lens polish may work, but i am thinking it will not be abrasive enough to regain the brand new plastic look. Trust me, on the lights just use normal autopaint compound and a machine buffer , bam, lights will be as clean as new :thumbsup:

·
Banned
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Excellent! Thanks for all the help guys! I am going to look more into this tomorrow and see what I can do. I appreciate all the responses.

Peace!

·
Registered
275 Posts
You'll never get them back to stock as far as i know. A member from another forum i was on tried using nail polish remover and laquer thinner and all it did was make them really crappy and cloudy. Id wait and see if its an issue for the buyer, you may get some 17 year old kid who loves it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts