Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
went to Mopar.com and put in 04 dodge SRT-4, went to alarms, and they offer a remote start... that cant be right, I thought it was illegal to have a remote start on a standard vehicle, I know it IS possible, but didnt think that Dodge would offer it... link is in my next post...

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
yea link dont work

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
here is a copy of the page ......................................................................Alarms & Security > Alarms & Keyless Entry > Remote Start

Mopar has a fully integrated, OEM tested remote start system that allows you to start your vehicle from as far away as 800 feet with just the push of a button. Imagine starting and warming your vehicle from your place of work or home on cold winter days,or cooling the same vehicle on hot summer days. Mopar's Remote Start system is designed to work with your Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep vehicle and interface seamlessly with your vehicle's electronic, security key.

Add Part # Description Price

82208859 Module Kit contains the base electronics module for under-dash mounting and a complete fuse kit. For complete system, also order vehicle specific installation kit. $100.00
............................................. or go here ...

http://www.mopar.com/m_acc_home.jsp?page_name=dodge ...put in srt-4, go to alarms, then go to alarms and keyless entry, then go to remote start..

·
Registered
63 Posts
I wouldn't mind getting this, but it doesn't replace the keyfob you already have though, it just gives you a one button fob. Plus you have to get both the remote start and the installation kit it looks like, which would be $300.

·
Registered
16 Posts
It could be illegal. Mopar can still sell it, but they probably would'nt install it! When I purchased my BOV from them they would not install it unless it was a registered race car. THAT SUCKED!!!!!!! :flame: :crying: They could of told me that before I bought it. Luckily it was an easy install and I could do it myself. :bandit:

·
Registered
275 Posts
They do have it, they will sell it to you and they will also install it. You know how you see the finance guy after youve bought the car and the try to sell you all the extra crap? Well this is one of the things they tried to sell me and they told me if i wanted to wait for it they could have it on before i left.

·
Registered
18 Posts
not sure if they are avalible for the srt but i do know they are availible for all other modles, and the advantage to the mopar one is . . . it caries the factory warranty, doesnt disable the sentry key system, has very few wire splices, and would void your warranty.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.