·
Registered
13,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Banned
10,541 Posts
what ended up happening?

i never heard of this, but now i want the whole video.

j.r.:king:

·
Registered
13,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One of the comments on streetfire summed it up. He made a turn down a residential road and the police took him down in a driveway..he just gave up. The owner of the SVX used the publicity to sell the (now beat to crap) SVX on eBay.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Just out of curiousity how fast are the SVX's? I also thought that one w/a twin turbo set up would be a cool car....

·
Registered
8,080 Posts
Its wrong and dangerous but for shit sakes wouldnt you love to do this once. If I had only 1 day left to live, this would take up at least half of it.

·
Registered
13,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mini Hemi said:
Just out of curiousity how fast are the SVX's? I also thought that one w/a twin turbo set up would be a cool car....
SVX's are pretty heavy cars. 3,800 lbs, 230HP N/A flat 6..automatic. They run mid 15's at best I've read. The reason being that they have a shitty tall final drive ratio. Switching the final gears from a Legacy can net low 15s.
More info:
http://my.voyager.net/~tmclane/index.html

They're nice cars, and they're not made for 1/4mi racing (as any subie owner who got beat in a 1/4 mi race will tell you).

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
which weight?

jaymzx said:
SVX's are pretty heavy cars. 3,800 lbs, 230HP N/A flat 6..automatic. They run mid 15's at best I've read. The reason being that they have a shitty tall final drive ratio. Switching the final gears from a Legacy can net low 15s.
More info:
http://my.voyager.net/~tmclane/index.html

They're nice cars, and they're not made for 1/4mi racing (as any subie owner who got beat in a 1/4 mi race will tell you).
See that's the third different SVX weight I've heard (and the heaviest!) 3,375-3,500 and now 3,800! They at least need another 100 HP to be a player, and 200HP to be fast. I guess the reason I like 'em is everytime my wife and I see one we call it a 6000 SUX (ala RoboCop)!

·
Registered
13,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good point. Even in that FAQ, they also say 3600 lbs :lol:
It could be that in '94 and '95, there was a FWD version available, which would no doubt be lighter. I've also seen the 3375 number, too.

Here's a bigger page with a poopload of info.
http://www.cars101.com/subaru_svx.html

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I'd buy that for a dollar! :jester:

·
Registered
13,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
From the above link:
1992 LS AWD: 0-60 7.1, 1/4 mile 15.2, Top Speed 154, Braking 70-0 169, dBA 73

1992 LSL AWD: 0-60 6.9, 1/4 mile 15.1, Top Speed 155, Braking 70-0 170, dBA 73

1994 LS Front wheel drive: 0-60 7.1, 1/4 mile 15.3, Top Speed 136, Braking 70-0 189, dBA 71

1994 - 1996 AWD models: 0-60 7.6, 1/4 mile 15.9, Top Speed 136, Braking 70-0 174, dBA 71

ALL 1997'S 0-60 7.4, 1/4 mile 15.5, Top Speed 136, Braking 70-0 171, dBA 70

Car and Driver magazine September, 1991 issue, 1992 SVX LS-L test results
Standing 1/4 mile 15.7 seconds @ 91 mph
0-60mph: 7.8 seconds, top speed 140 mph

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
yeah they need a couple of turbos for sure!

·
Banned
10,541 Posts
i could have sworn those things were faster than that. my friends dad had one back in those days (of course we were still in high school) and it seemed fast as fuck. his dads daily was the svx and moms was turbo legacy. both of those cars were as fast as anything we knew.

going for a drive in moses lake we smoked a gran torino with 351 in it. earlier that day the kid told us he doesnt race it, but we ran him with 4 people in the svx and 3 in his boat.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
kingj07 said:
going for a drive in moses lake we smoked a gran torino with 351 in it.
Gran Torinos were overweight turds w/smogged out (mid 70's)
351s, not exactly 'muscle cars'. :gay: Not trying to flame ya, but they are not fast.

·
Banned
10,541 Posts
o.

·
Premium Member
6,667 Posts
COY said:
Its wrong and dangerous but for shit sakes wouldnt you love to do this once. If I had only 1 day left to live, this would take up at least half of it.

Been there done that was Not fun nor exciting. Probably be a different story if I was driving and only had one day left to live but I would probably spend it having sex with Aids infested Cross dressers in trailer Parks hoping to get Jerry Springer.

·
Registered
8,080 Posts
inzanesrt4 said:
Been there done that was Not fun nor exciting. Probably be a different story if I was driving and only had one day left to live but I would probably spend it having sex with Aids infested Cross dressers in trailer Parks hoping to get Jerry Springer.

If you had put your stage 3 in then it would have been fun.

as far as the sex goes I would fuck everything that would hold still for 2 minutes. Animal, mineral or vegtable.

BTW, where the hell are all the car shows at. Its beautiful out and the ricer in me demands car shows. I relied on you last year for all the links and heads up you posted here. Whats on the schedule man.

·
Premium Member
6,667 Posts
The next large show is May 13th Global Import and Domestic car show at Tacoma Dome.

Because of the Bad taste last year left in my mouth and my family situation I wasnt going to be involved with any this year. But After much begging and the small amount of time it takes out of my life I will still be involved with the Car Toys Shows in Portland and Seattle(possibly Denver)

If a schedule is what you would like I will try to put together a quick one before I leave for Vegas friday.

·
Registered
8,080 Posts
inzanesrt4 said:
The next large show is May 13th Global Import and Domestic car show at Tacoma Dome.

Because of the Bad taste last year left in my mouth and my family situation I wasnt going to be involved with any this year. But After much begging and the small amount of time it takes out of my life I will still be involved with the Car Toys Shows in Portland and Seattle(possibly Denver)

If a schedule is what you would like I will try to put together a quick one before I leave for Vegas friday.

VEGAS?:wah?!:

I never get to go anywhere.

I am sure you are already hooked up but just FYI one of our members is always willing to get discount rooms and other stuff in Vegas. PM Leppen. Good guy.

·
Premium Member
6,667 Posts
So Leppen has the Hook ups on Hotels that allow Animals in your room Huh?:jester:

Thanks for the info. I'll have to send him a PM.:clap:

I'm a little scared of his response if I tell him I know you though. :frogtongu

BTW Short List is up.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts