Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m going to look at an ‘03 nsrt4 next week that has ~150k on it. The car is stock except for coilovers, intake/exhaust, and a bov, owner says no problems with it except that it could use motor mounts in the future. Are these things ticking time bombs at this mileage or should I not be worried if it appears to have been maintained well throughout its life? Any specific I should check besides the general stuff in the stickies?

·
Registered
514 Posts
I don't have high mileage. Make sure the transmission shifts well. It goes into gear easily no grinds or popouts.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I’m going to look at an ‘03 nsrt4 next week that has ~150k on it. The car is stock except for coilovers, intake/exhaust, and a bov, owner says no problems with it except that it could use motor mounts in the future. Are these things ticking time bombs at this mileage or should I not be worried if it appears to have been maintained well throughout its life? Any specific I should check besides the general stuff in the stickies?
when was the timing belt last changed?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
761 Posts
I bought my '03 from the original owner with 176K on it. As long as the timing belt and clutch have been replaced, it should be fine for a while. Regular maintenance is a big deal. I knew the previous owner of mine, so I was willing to take the risk. There have been a few small issues with it, but nothing major. Overall, it's a pretty solid car.

·
Registered
57 Posts
you will find that this car is pretty average as Far as cars go And that nowadays 150000 miles isn’t that much. expect Regular maintainence with things that wear out, Clutch, brakes, belts, tires and fluids. The turbo oil seals may not last forever and may need a turbo rebuild at some point. I also say make sure the transmission shifts good no trouble going into gear. My car eats clutches for breakfast but I’m far from stock hp levels.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
i'm og 265k.. most often overlooked are the hoses, 2 under intake and 2 for oil cooler

1 - 6 of 6 Posts