Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched but no one actually confirmed....

So my little SRT does not have the top or bottom manifold heat shield.

I tried the DCR coil pack heat shield and all it did was absorb the heat and cause the coolant overflow tank to melt on the cap.

The coil pack heat shield actually seems to increase under hood temps so I removed it. The only good thing of that kit was the washers it comes with lol. It also blocks the purpose of the hood vents....not a good purchase.

So I hear lots of people complain about the stock heat shields...rattling or issues with it fitting with a aftermarket wastegate...etc. I would like to run a modified top heat shield if I can find one....but that aside....

My question: Has anyone "SUCCESFULLY" ran heat wrap on the stock manifold to reduce heat temps under the hood without any side effects?

I always let the car cool down before I turn it off and even pop the hood to help cool down the engine after a drive....I am seriously considering of re-locating that coil pack because it gets HOT!

So heat wrap on a stock manifold? What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
396 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
i don’t like the Coilpack location either. I’ve thought about moving the Coilpack forever. The crazy thing is the Coilpack sitting 6 inches from the turbo seems to not have any issues with heat soak. I put washers under my Coilpack to raise it up off the engine just to let a little bit more airflow under the Coilpack. I agree that Coilpack heatshiels will do little to nothing with blocking the heat. That’s why I’ve never bothered to buy one cheap useless mod imo

·
Premium Member
1,408 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had insane heat issues in a Srt4 I previously owned. Coil pack would get so hot that the car would shut off. Tried everything from every heat shield, wrapping the turbo, etc. Also tried several different coil pack brands. Nothing seemed to work.

Srt4 was pushing about 450 hp, so I ended up going with ngk 2 step colder plugs. Problem solved, car never shut off again. Previously the old spark plugs kept burning out.

Just picked up another Srt4 with basic mods. Definitely started with 1 step colder plugs to reduce some heat issues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts