Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I get my black srt-4 I was thinking of putting red stripes on it, but I kinda wanted to see what it looked like first. I have seen the silver stripes on the black and it looks damn good, but I was thinking the red would stand out a bit more. So if anybody has done this and has pics please post them or if anybody can do a good photoshop job that would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
267 Posts
That's a great combination. When I find a stripe I like, I will be doing this to my black SRT. Black w/red stripe was a nice combo on the muscle cars (Daytona's, Charger's, Cudas, etc.) Check out http://www.allpar.com for pics of this combo on these cars.

Good luck, and post pics when you get this done.

CC.

·
Registered
482 Posts
personally i hate racing stripes...i have not yet figured out why people put them on our car....my advice from an anti-rice p.o.v is to not put them on

·
Registered
526 Posts
Srtipes have nothing to do w/ ricers. Like charles said, chargers, daytonas, cuda's all had em. I say red on black would look awsome, I too am looking at getting some stripes for my blacky, but was thinking silver. The same silver as the rims, although if I got new rims then my color scheme would be off. I know of someone who thinks faded black on black would look awsome although I have no idea what that'd look like.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I will say one of the coolest looking AAR's I ever saw was Gloss black with flat black stripes. The stripes kinda just popped out at the right angle. I also saw this on a Challenger once, and it had the same effect. So, I have been thinking about flat black stripes, but not racing stripes. I have been leaning toward the AAR stripe, or something custom made. But Red is still in there as I haven't seen an SRT with the flat black treatment.
Just for kicks though- how about black with a red bumblebee stripe on the rear, and a matching red wing! ALA Daytona. You would have to match the wing to the stripe or the stripe to the wing so it would look right, but I think that would look very cool. And you can pick up a stock already painted red wing as a start, and if you don't like it, put back the black wing and still have the cool bumblebee.

Anyway,
do what makes you happy, rice or no rice. I think the ricers stole the stripes from the real muscle cars.

CC.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think I am gonna go with the red stripes when I get my black 05 srt, how much is that gonna cost at a local viny shop installed, like around 200? Thanks for the input :clap:

·
Registered
977 Posts
dirkjr2001 said:
I think I am gonna go with the red stripes when I get my black 05 srt, how much is that gonna cost at a local viny shop installed, like around 200? Thanks for the input :clap:
yep about 200 make sure you find a shop that has never done them on an srt-4, i hear it is a pain in the a#$

·
Registered
150 Posts
I just put silver stripes on my e-blue and it took about 7 hours and I knew what I was doing. it is a pain in the ass but worth the effort

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
chargincharles said:
I will say one of the coolest looking AAR's I ever saw was Gloss black with flat black stripes. The stripes kinda just popped out at the right angle. I also saw this on a Challenger once, and it had the same effect. So, I have been thinking about flat black stripes, but not racing stripes. I have been leaning toward the AAR stripe, or something custom made. But Red is still in there as I haven't seen an SRT with the flat black treatment.
Just for kicks though- how about black with a red bumblebee stripe on the rear, and a matching red wing! ALA Daytona. You would have to match the wing to the stripe or the stripe to the wing so it would look right, but I think that would look very cool. And you can pick up a stock already painted red wing as a start, and if you don't like it, put back the black wing and still have the cool bumblebee.

Anyway,
do what makes you happy, rice or no rice. I think the ricers stole the stripes from the real muscle cars.

CC.
We make the AAR stripes. Check out these new ones we have added!!

http://www.revolution-motorsports.com/photo4.htm

Thanks

Roebrt

1 - 12 of 12 Posts