Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at pt-performance's uppipe, and i noticed that they have the red solenoid line running to their uppipe. mine is blocked off... should i leave it blocked off or run it to my uppipe?

·
Registered
Built Trans,accelerator shaft,act twin,bst bottom bst head crane18s s366 with tubular manifold etc.
184 Posts
if your still running stock turbo take all out but the white, run 1 vac. line from back of the turbo to your wga, and the other from your throttle body with a tee close to the throttle body, then in line with the vac.line from the throttle body run it to your brake booster line it has green plastic nipples and then from the tee run it to your b.o.v and cap the nipple on your charge pipe.

·
Premium Member
14,275 Posts
If you are on PCM controlled boost you need the red line hooked up to run properly. If you are off it using a WGA or boost controller you can leave the upp capped and the solenoid\tip sensor uncapped.

·
Premium Member
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
holy crap are you serious? my red line has been capped ever since ive had the car.... could that be the reason im getting like 10psi? i thought it was a boost leak? where should i run the red line? isnt that the one that runs to the factory bov?

·
Premium Member
14,275 Posts
holy crap are you serious? my red line has been capped ever since ive had the car.... could that be the reason im getting like 10psi? i thought it was a boost leak? where should i run the red line? isnt that the one that runs to the factory bov?
If you're running on PCM controlled boost (stock tune, DSP, SCT, etc) where your WGA is hooked up to the solenoids then you need the Red line. It should run from the cold pipe nipple to the port closest to the connector on the solenoid. Then the white line runs from the middle port on the solenoid out to the TIP sensor on the fender behind the driver's side headlight. The port furthest from the connector is left uncapped. The solenoid will switch the ports to read inside the charge pipe and baro from the uncapped port. If you have the TIP uncapped now it's only reading baro all the time which will jack up your tables. Run the lines the right way, reset the battery and it should be a lot happier.

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you're running on PCM controlled boost (stock tune, DSP, SCT, etc) where your WGA is hooked up to the solenoids then you need the Red line. It should run from the cold pipe nipple to the port closest to the connector on the solenoid. Then the white line runs from the middle port on the solenoid out to the TIP sensor on the fender behind the driver's side headlight. The port furthest from the connector is left uncapped. The solenoid will switch the ports to read inside the charge pipe and baro from the uncapped port. If you have the TIP uncapped now it's only reading baro all the time which will jack up your tables. Run the lines the right way, reset the battery and it should be a lot happier.
Just bought another nsrt4. The cold pipe doesn't have a spot to out the red line from the solenoid. It's capped of and I'm only getting 8 psi. I have aftermarket blow off valve on it. Pcm boost. I've looked at the vacuum line set up post a 100 times and don't know what to do.
Vehicle Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

1 - 6 of 6 Posts