Dodge SRT Forum banner

Recommendations for turbos.

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  DarKKnight54 
#1 ·
What’s a turbo I can use on my srt4 without having to cut and weld? I’m thinking about the BWS kit from modern performance that comes with 1000 cc PnP injectors, Mpx 3 bar
Map and tip And it comes with a Diablo tuner. My goal is 350-400hp on stock internals and will be doing email tuning. Any advice on anything else will help . Thanks.

#5 ·
Welcome

Im not sure how much you know about the cars but based on your question about bws ill throw out a few things...

If you havent already, would suggest doing some reading to know exactly what youre getting into. A BWS is a stock turbo compressor housing, modified and upgraded internals, so yes its a good fit and no you wont have to do anything special. Turbobay has built a great rep for itself and I have yet to see a bad review and they do many diff cars. Very smart, nice owner. You may have a longer lead time but worth the wait. The AGP you mentioned is not meant to go over 18psi. Iv seen very few decent reviews on it but most seem to be bone stock cars.

Plain and simple - if 400 is your goal then id suggest a diff turbo setup. It would be easier and once you push a bws to its max youre going to lose its longevity (debatable). If you stay w the stocker then plan on full bolt ons, upgrading fuel pump, and going e85 to get 350. If you want the new bws to perform better then consider the modded stock manifold w the elbow mod. Also 3" o2, downpipe and exhaust is a must.

Lastly and most importantly (painful to say in 2020) - dont buy anything you listed w/o a air/fuel gauge and wideband o2. You can get a 3bar re scale for a great price, bolt on a bws and go. Still smart to have a gauge. Once you get a tune plan on working out the kinks in your car. It can expose flaws like bad sensors, spark and fuel issues so just in case - be prepared. Do not blame a tuner for issues until you know the car is 100%. I would also suggest a tuner that can data log bc when issues arise they will ask for it.

Good luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.