Dodge SRT Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
lol, well at least he's an honest guy.

WW has no final release date on this animal just yet.

Still a damn fine offer as I know this one ain't going to be cheap.

:kickinthe

·
Registered
676 Posts
any updates. im interested but i need a little time to set some money aside. i to would want a working e-brake with the kit though.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Thanks for asking.
At this time I have no light to shed on this.
Wilwood has not released any further info on the parts nor when they will be available.
Keep an eye on my website too as I'll post more there when I have it. I'd expect it to be a couple of months from some of the feedback I'm hearing.

·
Registered
13,260 Posts
todd, is this your kit, or wilwoods kit?

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
The above kit will have near zero value to you guys. Won't say it "can't be done" but those are for the rear of a solid rear axle vehicle- think trucks and muscle cars. There are very few OEM parking brake kits that Wilwood now produces; Subaru, GTO come to mind. I'll say with certainty that they will not be producing a kit like this one for the SRT4. Not only way to small a market for it but the parts above would be a total mis match for the current front kit.

What may come in due time will be the parking brake caliper kit. Again, probably from me but not from them.

Here's the list of what those go on:
http://www.wilwood.com/BrakeKits/Pages/13/index.asp

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
have you considered using a parking brake set up like on the viper srt-10, where its own mini caliper???

·
Registered
13,260 Posts
todd, the subaru is very similar parking brake wise. possibility to modify it to fit?

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Tex said:
todd, the subaru is very similar parking brake wise. possibility to modify it to fit?
Looked at it that way years ago and decided against it. Don't recall the exact reason but it was a build issue if I recall. Besides, do you want an $1100 rear kit? How many will I sell?

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
MoparEd said:
I have Wilwood fronts. Im just bumping this thread for hopes of a rear kit with E-brake.

Ed
If you are serious about one call me and we'll make it happen. I'll make it the same price as the MINI kit: $1279. Prepaid and about six weeks out.

·
Premium Member
6,833 Posts
Yeah, the brackets are the challenge. Even with Todd's knowledge and help it will take you or someone local fabricating the brackets to hold both calipers, brake and e-brake.
I am closer to getting mine done but it is custom and is taking more time than planned.:stab: :wah?!:

21 - 34 of 34 Posts