Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rear kits:

Got the prototype bracket from laser yesterday and it's all pretty much on track. There are a couple of small changes to be done and will be on the order qty.

I'll post more info on the final kit as they come to light. With a little luck we can get some pics up or available in the next week or so.

3,181 Posts
Todd TCE said:
Rear kits:

Got the prototype bracket from laser yesterday and it's all pretty much on track. There are a couple of small changes to be done and will be on the order qty.

I'll post more info on the final kit as they come to light. With a little luck we can get some pics up or available in the next week or so.
Todd

What size rotors are going to be used? You know I'm game for a rear disc upgrade. :) Gotta have the rears match the fronts. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Guess I might as well spell it out.

The rear is a 12.2 x .81 rotor and uses the Wilwood Dynalite caliper.
I'd opted for the 11.75 rotor but for fit reasons had to push it too 12.2", or something in between but that was pointless for cost reasons.

The kit will include:
Hats and rotors (your choice of finish)
Calipers
Pads
Brackets
Hardware
Hoses if needed

The kit will not incorporate a parking brake at this time. It is a fully functional ABS kit. It is a fairly simple bolt on.

The final kit will be targeted far more towards those who need it for high heat applications or simply want something out back to match their fine front kit. But yes, you'll have to paint them red on your own....

Price? I'll say that I'll be targeting $750

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not sure I follow the problem with the parking brake not being there.
Hmm. You mean being able to do 'smokey burn outs'?

How about a line lock?

Still, not what I had in mind for the rears.

And yea, there will be some consideration for combo purchases. Want one?

·
Premium Member
6,833 Posts
Slanted Driveways too

Personally I do not like leaving my cars in gear, plus those ebrake turns come in handy sometimes.;)

Do want to have the rears match the fronts though.:)

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
On the rears?
The kit on the car is fine. Hasn't hit the track yet, but I don't see issues.

On the parking brake caliper?
Not going to happen for a couple months I'd guess.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I saw those pics, looks good on the car. I was hoping to see the stuff off the car, kind of a what is included in the kit picture. Not that they are really needed, but are the directional rotors still available?

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
I understand that.

At this time the working product to do so is not available. Yes, it 'might' be had with the stock drum, but I passed on it as I was not at all pleased with the quality of the final product knowing I'll have a new caliper to work with in the near future.

However, be serious now; the new caliper will require you source custom cables and cost more money in the end. How many takers do we have for a $1000 rear kit? You can answer here I understand that too....At best I'll guess that I might sell two.

** Tell you all what; I'll put up a standing offer. $750 base kit (not including rotor finish options or cables) for the first person to take this 'new, yet to be released kit. One time offer. One person. Prepaid. You don't have it in your hands by Feb 1, I'll return the money.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Nah, I haven't talked to him about it. Don't know if the offer still stands or not. I'll definately be interested in the rear kit if the e-brake setup works out though.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts