Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the srt-4 have the adjustments so the rear can be aligned? My back right tire's camber is messed up (top of tire is angled out) and I would like to get a full alignment done. I finally found a place that has the 2004 specifications but they said they wouldn't be able to tell if it had rear adjustments until they got it on the machine.

Also, if a car doesn't have rear adjustments, how can they be aligned?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Other than doing that there's no way to get it straightened out? It's causing my back right tire to wear bad on the outside.

Also my steering wheel vibrates bad above 65-70 mph, what causes this?

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dodge looked at it and told me my rear struts were bent and they needed to replace teh struts and knuckles. Would cost over 900 bucks. The struts don't look bent to me and my left rear tire isn't giving me any trouble. How could I tell if the struts were bent other than just seeing it? I would buy a set of coilovers before paying that much for them to replace it.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also, it's not under warrant because it was the result of me being ran off the road by a semi and going into a ditch. Nothing else on the car was messed up thankfully. Had to get two new tires and got the front end aligned.

Right now I have 3 215/50/r17's and one stock tire on the car. Could that cause any vibration problems or anything?

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well the truck driver just kept going and it's been atleast a month since it happened, so idk if I can still do that. Everythings fine now though except that right rear tire. Thanks Haljenson for the camber bolt info. I've got to go to the dealer for a tsb anyway and i'll check on that while i'm there.

·
Registered
746 Posts
A good body shop can tell you of they are bent. You need to do what the dealer suggested or you will keep getting bald tires. Also, 4 of the same tires are needed for a proper ride. Make sure you that done quick or other things in your front end will start giving you problems.

Percy

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.