Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold), 2011 Calendar Car
5,862 Posts
I vote we abolish all rules and let anyone sell any way they want. Would that work better for you?

You don't like the rules, you don't sell here. Period. We put them in place to help protect people. EVERYONE will abide by them. If you don't, we delete your thread. Its as simple as that. There is no "I'll post pictures when I get time". What are we supposed to do? Check back later to make sure you've done what you say you'll do? Last time I let someone slide on fixing their thread they waited 6 hours to post the pictures they needed. The whole time they were online and posting in the forums. I wanted to see exactly how long the person would wait. After they posted pictures they were still wrong and I still ended up deleting the thread.

Moral of the story... have your thread ready to post before posting it. Its too simple. If you don't have it ready, don't expect it to stay up. If you don't like the "BS" rules on this site, sell your car elsewhere. We'll work with you to fix minor stuff like forgetting your zip code or state, but when it comes to pictures of a $15000 car you are selling, thats a no go.

Have a great day!

·
Registered
10,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i've selled prior before with no issues, i've bought with no issues. i understand there are rules to help with the scamming. I fix one thing, then there's something else. It's whatever. I'm over it.

I haven't sold stuff on here for many reason, just seems like a hassle sometimes...normally I'll just deal locally. Seems to work pretty good. I'll get what you guys want eventually. Till then...meh

Just a damn shame that within the last year sh*t's gotten so f'd up that no one can be trusted it seems

·
Registered
703 Posts
sorry, but you MODS should really update on things
like selling parts and cars, after reading all the old stuff
i still got delete and damn, like he said you guys are quick at delete things (5-10min mine)
and other go on for days and with no delete?????????????

·
Registered
10,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it's whatever man lol...things won't change. there's a system and their sticking to it cause of all the BS.

·
Forum Admin
21,068 Posts
Just because the post is old doesn't mean the content of the post is old. We edited the existing post with the new rules. If you don't follow those rules then your thread will be deleted.

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold), 2011 Calendar Car
5,862 Posts
In the for sale section I have personally editted each of the sticky's to make sure that you guys knew what is expected of you when you post a for sale thread. If you fail to read those then thats on you.

It really isn't hard to put your name, your city state and zip and an email address, then snap some pictures with your screen name and a date on a piece of paper, post a small description and then hit submit.

If you have something you really want to sell you'll put a little effort into selling it. The well marketed item is the item that is likely to sell. I'm sorry you feel like its a hassle, but thats the way it is. This isn't up for debate. I'll only tell you that I do my best to work with people as is evident by other mods telling me that I should "be more of a douche" in the for sale section.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
When you consider that the good stuff in the FS section goes in about 5 min. , that means a scam can occur in a matter of minutes . So dont expect the Mods to wait long enough for sombody to see a FS post , pm seller (scammer) , get a response , & pay-pal seller (scammer) the $$$ . If the rules are there , but the Mods dont enforce them , how does that help prevent scamming ?
I would like to see some changes in the for sale section to make it more coherent & topical , but relaxing the anti-scam rules is not one of them . One can only hope that eventually people will actually strive to get it right the first time .

·
Premium Member
855 Posts
I love it when someone says "I know the rules but..." but fucking nothing, you know the rules and still tried to post a thread that DIDN'T FOLLOW THE FORMAT so it gets deleted and you bitch about it. How difficult is it to wait to get your thread up to snuff before you post it?

·
Premium Member
29,105 Posts
When you consider that the good stuff in the FS section goes in about 5 min. , that means a scam can occur in a matter of minutes . So dont expect the Mods to wait long enough for sombody to see a FS post , pm seller (scammer) , get a response , & pay-pal seller (scammer) the $$$ . If the rules are there , but the Mods dont enforce them , how does that help prevent scamming ?
I would like to see some changes in the for sale section to make it more coherent & topical , but relaxing the anti-scam rules is not one of them . One can only hope that eventually people will actually strive to get it right the first time .
What do you have in mind? If you'd like, you can PM me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts