Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the gear set out of my transmission and i already have the RT shift fork, but since it didnt come with any instructions, i'm a little hesitant on how to install this part. I'm unsure of the best (right) way to get the oem fork off the rail so that the RT for can go in its place.

Anyone here care to enlighten me?

·
Premium Member
4,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I found this post and answered my own question. i'll leave this here for anyone else who may come along with the same question.

3/4 shift fork assembly

This is fairly simple, you only need to pound out one roll pin. The punch in the picture below works best for doing this, however, you can use anything that will basically fit in the hole and pound the pin out.

Place the fork rail assembly in a vise as shown. Tap out the pin circled below.

Once the pin is tapped out the end piece can be slid off from the rail as well as the old 3/4 fork. Slide the new one on in the same orientation.

Once the pin is tapped back in this is what it will look like.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Where did you get that fork? I tried getting on his website but it kept giving me an error no matter how I tried to pay.

Thumbs up on posting the how to. Hate it when no one updates their post.

·
Premium Member
4,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Where did you get that fork? I tried getting on his website but it kept giving me an error no matter how I tried to pay.

Thumbs up on posting the how to. Hate it when no one updates their post.
im pretty sure I ordered it straight through their site, but it has been a few weeks back. Shoot them an email and I’m sure they’ll get back to you on it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts