Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every time I post whats wrong with my car in the tuning section It gets deleted. I need help tuning my car because its running rich (code) Po172, and It runs like dudie...any help please.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,166 Posts
14psi_on20s said:
Every time I post whats wrong with my car in the tuning section It gets deleted. I need help tuning my car because its running rich (code) Po172, and It runs like dudie...any help please.

post your mods dude. it will help a lot
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
S0, S2 injectors, Afc2, Bdjs dump, Stock boost, MPx Intercooler, K+n drop in, Aem Uego. The car runs lean during normal driving according to my wideband 15.1-15.7 normally. I havent gone wot in a long time because when I do the Uego Reads afr's stuck at 11.8-12.1 untill I turn off the car off, and it stumbles and runs really rough if I stop @ a stoplight or stop sign till I get out of the beggining of 1st gear (1-10 mph).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,278 Posts
car should run 14.2 at cruise and somewhere in the 10-11's at WOT under good conditions.
Why are you running a stock pcm with BIG injectors at stock fuel pressure?

But that aside, it would seem your aem wideband may be off based on your description. You say your lean (based on your af readings) but the stumbling may indicate rich. You should get the rest of s2 kit, and ditch the map clamp. Also a fuel return system is nice to have so you can tailor your fuel to your liking. I would also get your wideband/02 sensor checked. Of course since you have a safc2, what have you tried to d in terms of fueling? Personally unless you are running a big turbo set-up and looking for 400+ HP, a safc isn't nessecary.
later,
Cindy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jdmoore144 said:
how much fuel are you pulling???
doesnt matter if im pulling 10% fuel or 0..........the car runs the same no matter what...theres something wrong somewhere. Ive read things from it being a gasket or even replacing the orings on the injectors...On another note my e-1 is perfectly fine but im going to post it for sale here pretty soon....along with my 19's for 300$$$ and stockers..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the wideband sensor was brand new when I put it on 2 months ago..so I highly doubt thats the problem...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,623 Posts
I'm far from an expert, but why are you running large injectors with stock boost? I would swap back to you stock injectors and see if that solves the problem.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,493 Posts
14psi_on20s said:
jdmoore144 said:
how much fuel are you pulling???
doesnt matter if im pulling 10% fuel or 0..........the car runs the same no matter what...theres something wrong somewhere. Ive read things from it being a gasket or even replacing the orings on the injectors...On another note my e-1 is perfectly fine but im going to post it for sale here pretty soon....along with my 19's for 300$$$ and stockers..
hey hector you never let me know if going back to the stocker fixed your boost problems?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,523 Posts
14psi_on20s said:
jdmoore144 said:
how much fuel are you pulling???
doesnt matter if im pulling 10% fuel or 0..........the car runs the same no matter what...theres something wrong somewhere. Ive read things from it being a gasket or even replacing the orings on the injectors...On another note my e-1 is perfectly fine but im going to post it for sale here pretty soon....along with my 19's for 300$$$ and stockers..
dude not to be mean but i think you owe some people apologies.

on another note. go back to the stock injectors and see if that helps.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,523 Posts
srt403 said:
car should run 14.2 at cruise and somewhere in the 10-11's at WOT under good conditions.
Why are you running a stock pcm with BIG injectors at stock fuel pressure?

But that aside, it would seem your aem wideband may be off based on your description. You say your lean (based on your af readings) but the stumbling may indicate rich. You should get the rest of s2 kit, and ditch the map clamp. Also a fuel return system is nice to have so you can tailor your fuel to your liking. I would also get your wideband/02 sensor checked. Of course since you have a safc2, what have you tried to d in terms of fueling? Personally unless you are running a big turbo set-up and looking for 400+ HP, a safc isn't nessecary.
later,
Cindy
why dont you think its necessary unless you are pushing that much power. a safc is so you can fine tune. its so much better than a regular mapclamp. a returnline and stock injectors can only do so much and with the turbo he was using you would need bigger injectors.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,278 Posts
What I was saying is that he didn't even need the safc, and he clearly hasn't a clue on how to use it. On his simple upgrades and using bigger injectors, you can easily tune using just fuel pressure adjustment, no need for all the gizmo's.
Based on his description, he is going 4 different directions at once, none of his upgrade component match, and just has a hodge podge of parts with no real clue of what is needed, and how it should work. (no desrepect to the owner as turbo cars can be a learning experience, I bought my first turbododge back in 1986)

BTW widebands, can and do go bad, especially the sensors. And should be calibrated to make sure they are correct.

At this point, the poster should just put back in the stock inejectors, ditch the safc, and I bet all will be fine. If you want to upgrade your car, fine too, but wait till you have everything needed before you start installing parts, and learn how a turbo car works, what is good and what is bad, what works and what doesn't before you start assembly a parts list.
BTW the E-1 turbo is NOT a big a$$ turbo and doesn't need an injector that is 20% bigger to work well. Also a mapclamp is not the best way in my opinion on a turbo car. Why? because by fooling the map into seeing only x amount of voltage, the computer will only give x amount of fuel. That may be fine at a certain level of boost (at this case up to 14.7 psi since the stock system is a 2 bar map set-up) once you go over that level the car will quickly lean out as boost goes up, creating a very dangerous situation and may cause your engine to go "boom". Why do people use a mapclamp? becuase they are cheap, not because it's the best and safest way to go. So I do agree with you there that his safc is better than a clamp

Using bigger injectors and using a return fuel set-up with a 1:1 regulator is better. First off the stock or staged pcm will read the 02 and has plenty of +/- fuel enrichment for idle and cruise, so at wot you can adjust fuel pressure for optimal a/f. Second, as boost goes up, the fuel pressure regulator will add fuel to compensate.
Example is a car we just turned a coule of weeks ago. Big sc-61 turbo, s2 pcm w/o toys, 750 cc injectors, s2 3 bar map and tps, and return fuel system with 1:1 AFPR. The car did 407 on pump gas and had a/f at 11.8 all the way to 21 psi of boost. Yes, that simple.

later,
Cindy
jdmoore144 said:
srt403 said:
car should run 14.2 at cruise and somewhere in the 10-11's at WOT under good conditions.
Why are you running a stock pcm with BIG injectors at stock fuel pressure?

But that aside, it would seem your aem wideband may be off based on your description. You say your lean (based on your af readings) but the stumbling may indicate rich. You should get the rest of s2 kit, and ditch the map clamp. Also a fuel return system is nice to have so you can tailor your fuel to your liking. I would also get your wideband/02 sensor checked. Of course since you have a safc2, what have you tried to d in terms of fueling? Personally unless you are running a big turbo set-up and looking for 400+ HP, a safc isn't nessecary.
later,
Cindy
why dont you think its necessary unless you are pushing that much power. a safc is so you can fine tune. its so much better than a regular mapclamp. a returnline and stock injectors can only do so much and with the turbo he was using you would need bigger injectors.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,523 Posts
yeah but unless you buy a stage upgrade you can not do what you did. you buy the lareger injectors to compensate for the computer. on these cars you start running over 18lbs without it being clamped you start pulling timing. his goal was to run more boost and tune it with the safc. with the s0 you tend to make more power than stage upgrades because of the timing tables.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
jdmoore144 said:
14psi_on20s said:
jdmoore144 said:
how much fuel are you pulling???
doesnt matter if im pulling 10% fuel or 0..........the car runs the same no matter what...theres something wrong somewhere. Ive read things from it being a gasket or even replacing the orings on the injectors...On another note my e-1 is perfectly fine but im going to post it for sale here pretty soon....along with my 19's for 300$$$ and stockers..
dude not to be mean but i think you owe some people apologies.

on another note. go back to the stock injectors and see if that helps.


Well if thats the case im sure I didnt mean it, Wellif anyone has stock injectors Icould definetly pay for them this friday...at this point I definetly think im going to be going a different route with the car. I just want it running strong again for the meanwhile. Hell my friend has had my car for over a year now(240SX), ive given him money on occasion and the other day I called his shop # and no answer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,623 Posts
14psi_on20s said:
jdmoore144 said:
14psi_on20s said:
jdmoore144 said:
how much fuel are you pulling???
doesnt matter if im pulling 10% fuel or 0..........the car runs the same no matter what...theres something wrong somewhere. Ive read things from it being a gasket or even replacing the orings on the injectors...On another note my e-1 is perfectly fine but im going to post it for sale here pretty soon....along with my 19's for 300$$$ and stockers..
dude not to be mean but i think you owe some people apologies.

on another note. go back to the stock injectors and see if that helps.


Well if thats the case im sure I didnt mean it, Wellif anyone has stock injectors Icould definetly pay for them this friday...at this point I definetly think im going to be going a different route with the car. I just want it running strong again for the meanwhile. Hell my friend has had my car for over a year now(240SX), ive given him money on occasion and the other day I called his shop # and no answer.

Uhh what? did I miss something?
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top