Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we have a little street scene going on here in Sanford. Every friday or saturday they meet up at this place called Refinery road.. drag racing has been going down there for a long time.. So i decided, the skittles running great time to see what it can do. I pull up and theres literally 50 people chillin (not running...) and this white 06 wrx lined up with no one to run.. so my friend in his 03 blue wrx try's him out and gets smoked So i decided to run him.. you guys can picture it out of the hole.. he pulled 3-4 cars instantly, I couldn't make up the difference enough, i pulled within 1 car before the end of the 1/4... out of the hole he was crazy fast.. Lined up again to see if its a fluke and he pulls 3-4 cars again.. same story.. Cool kid though he wanted to talk to me after, we parked and all he has done to the car is a 3inch turbo back with no cats/ mufflers.. and a intake.... nothing else.. He wouldn't pop his hood to confirm but nonetheless.. I was impressed by this 06 wrx.. He said to me "i'm not being nice to the tranny, those were all 6grand dumps. and if we were to do this from a roll, you'd kill me...") I was like well, thanks for trying to make me feel better :rofl: The one thing i didn't check with him was if its a 5 or 6 speed? I haven't looked that up yet. Anyway I was spinning all of 1st all of 2nd and some of 3rd before i would start to pull.. temps are still a little cold for the tires... Impressed I am by this suby...

·
SRTforums Veteran
9,870 Posts
I know him. He used to have that gold CTS with 20's. Im suprised he raced, he has like 15 speeding tickets and said he wanted out of the scene. Big boy huh :lol:

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kustomatix said:
I know him. He used to have that gold CTS with 20's. Im suprised he raced, he has like 15 speeding tickets and said he wanted out of the scene. Big boy huh :lol:
yeah he was a big kid...

I really need that 50 trim now more then ever chris :eveilgrin

·
SRTforums Veteran
9,870 Posts
:eveilgrin

What are you doing today? If you want to come down we can take it over to the machine shop and get the threads retapped and get some new bolts, then install it? Give me a call.

·
Super Moderator, SRT of the Month
34,749 Posts
that's funny. i ran an 06 wrx too last night. on the way down from Mass to NJ i raced a dodge minivan(don't ask me why) and an 06 wrx and pulled on him like you wouldn't believe.

·
Super Moderator, SRT of the Month
34,749 Posts
seltech said:
ate him alive from a roll? thats what i figured would happen

yeah, i knew it wasn't worth the time to even find out but for probably 15-20 miles he would "weave" if i weaved and would just pull up next to me and look at my car, so then my GF is like F it and points forward to the kid to see what he thought. so then the kid just takes off and get's like a car length on me before i realized he was really taking off so i floor it and pulled on him soooo damn hard. then the kid just pulled up next to me again and stared at my car for another 15 min's---very strange.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
tell that kid in the aspen 06 WRX to take his CAI off because he's an idiot if he thinks its doing anything.

Also a full 3"TBE seems a little overkill, hes probably has an AP to go along with the TBE and hes running stage II which is 285hp and 340lbft (crank numbers)

and 06 WRX have the same 5 speed the others have, they are geared alittle different and 1st and 2nd gear syncros are improved, and it has a shorter throw.

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
you have to remember that JUST a 3" turboback and and intake for those cars is in the vicinity of 1600 to 2000 bucks plus they have a tendency to run the 4 plus inch DP. so he is not very modded but if you put 1000 into your car. Bye Bye

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
IbJoEc said:
Maybe it's just me, but I would suggest taking out exactly where you go racing...
Nah the cops know races go on there. People have been racing there since Steve's dad was younger with his old Hemis and shit :lol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts