Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2004 srt4 and i have had regular iol changes ect...when i pull up to stop light anad i put it in nuetral and take my feet off the pedals the car revs to about 2500rpm, and goes back down and back up...??
also when i am driving and its at about 3000 rpm and i let my foot off the gasand its goes down normally until about 2400rpm and then the car starts to jerk and it doesnt want to slow down it wants to stay at 2400rpm...i have already had my tps sensor fixed once and i dont think that that is the problem, what could it be? anyone know??

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
also, a while ago when i got on it i heard a loud bang and i think i might have blown out the cat, everything else seemd fine so thats all i could come up with, could that be it? backpressure coming and going maybe?...im just throwing ideas out there, lol

·
Registered
9,151 Posts
just take it in, and mention to look at the TPS.. since you dont have a catch can (if the indicator tube falls out , it will rev up to around 2k by itself, happened to several people including me)

·
Registered
677 Posts
I just had this problem. First it started as a low rev to 2000-2500 RPMs. Then went away then about 2 weeks ago it got a lot worse revving to around 5000 RPMs and accelerating when my foot was off the gas! I read NIVOs how-to in the how-to section and sure enough the TPS was bad. If you have soldering tools you can go read that and fix it yourself. It's great but I took advantage of my warranty and took it into the dealership. They quickly tried to be dicks about my intake but after a few minutes of arguments and convincing them I didn't touch the TPS while installing the intake they fixed it and everything runs great now. So you could go either path and both work.

·
Registered
6,282 Posts
Boostin'86 said:
i have a 2004 srt4 and i have had regular iol changes ect...when i pull up to stop light anad i put it in nuetral and take my feet off the pedals the car revs to about 2500rpm, and goes back down and back up...??
also when i am driving and its at about 3000 rpm and i let my foot off the gasand its goes down normally until about 2400rpm and then the car starts to jerk and it doesnt want to slow down it wants to stay at 2400rpm...i have already had my tps sensor fixed once and i dont think that that is the problem, what could it be? anyone know??
If you have a boost controller/aftermarket wastegate without Stage 1 ECU... go here...

http://srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24982&highlight=edtip

·
SRTforums Member, SRT of the Month
734 Posts
yes its ur throttle position sensor my went out and then my pcm went out and they replaced all that shit for free but my car wont hold constant boost one minute it will be 9psi and the next it will be 14 something about a flash?? it says under my hood a sticker they put on i dunno can someone help me how to hold 14psi without a spike??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.