Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, the srt I bout has an aftermarket flip up DVD player(I'll get the brand name later) anyways the car came with no antenna and obviously had crappy reception. So I bought an aftermarket eBay 8" antenna and now radio reception seems as bad or worse, what to do?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You using the stock antennae wire? You probably need a taller better antennae.
If imagine it is the stock wire. How tall do I need to go? Should I just go to a Dodge stealership and get the stock antenna? Anyone have any recommendations?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Yup. As long as it's a 2nd gen you're golden. Since you are there pick up any miscellaneous trim pieces, screws, vacuum lines etc you might need for your car. Last time I went to the junk yard I scored 4 sun visor clips(those suckers are always breaking)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yup. As long as it's a 2nd gen you're golden. Since you are there pick up any miscellaneous trim pieces, screws, vacuum lines etc you might need for your car. Last time I went to the junk yard I scored 4 sun visor clips(those suckers are always breaking)
Yeah, I think I'll try to score at a junkyard tomorrow before work I go to work. I know it's wrong section but does the srt use the same power steer pump as the N/A versionsf

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
same pump different reservoir

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Make sure the antenna has a good ground to the body panel that it is mounted to.

Usually there is a nut/washer combo that screws underneath to lock the antenna in place.

That is your ground plane for the antenna and it needs to have a metal to metal contact with the panel or the antenna will be de-tuned out of the frequency band that it is designed for.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Is there anyone on here that has had any problems with a DD radio ?
Here's what mine is doing ,I turn acc on ,(everything is good) but as soon as I turn my courtesy lights on (lights on or off ) radio Starts to go off and on , ???
I would really appreciate your help , currently checking on aem gauges (boost gauge--A/F gauge ) to see what the last owner did or how he did it , so far no connections has been made on radio plug/harness , so I would really appreciate your help friends ....
Thanks in advance......

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi...for folks with a VHF radio on the car, I believe that there is a splitter that allows one to use the VHF antenna for the AM/FM radio. It is a simple splitter that utilizes the VHF antenna. I get excellent reception with this option.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts