Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my car in to have the tt installed. The dude doing the work put a HUGE scratch on the radio lense. When I pointed this out the shop removed the radio and sent it in have the lense replaced. When I called on monday, they told me the lense is on back order for 3 months :flame: :flame: .
My questions are these:

Can I get a deap scratch (deep enough to catch your finger nail in pollished out a body shop or the dealership & can I pass the cost on to the place I took it to?

Is there any harm that might be caused to the wires or any thing else for that matter by letting the hole were the radio goes stay open for three months?

·
Registered
70 Posts
no the open wires will be fine as long as its not like bare wire touching each other.thats a ground fire waiting to happen. (thats what fuses are for but you never know) why not put the stock one back in for now until you get a new one? unless all of your speakers are aftermarket with amps well then itd be pointless.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks alot for the info. I would put the radio back in the meentime but it pisses me off each time I look at that scratch.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Tell them this guy Ed has a factory stereo for sale on the SRT forums for $100, and to just give you a money order. Then send me a money order and I'll send you a factory AM/FM/CD headunit! Only used for 2500 miles, and you will have it in a week. :thumbsup:

Ed

·
Registered
8,286 Posts
they wont do that for warranty reasons. believe it or not our radios are smarters than what you think. when using a dcx software and plugging a laptop to the obd11 port. they can access the radio and it actually has the vin number in the radio. they can also see how much time you spend listening to am how much time you spend listening to fm how many times you have insterted a cd. how many times you have ejected a cd. its freaking wild

·
Registered
965 Posts
they wont do that for warranty reasons. believe it or not our radios are smarters than what you think. when using a dcx software and plugging a laptop to the obd11 port. they can access the radio and it actually has the vin number in the radio. they can also see how much time you spend listening to am how much time you spend listening to fm how many times you have insterted a cd. how many times you have ejected a cd. its freaking wild
:bs2:
Sorry, got to do the bullshit flag on this one. The VIN is more than likely on the radio itself somewhere (etched,sticker), but the rest is a load of crap. I don't see DCX footing the bill for putting this type of technology in a simple AM/FM/CD headunit.

Ed

·
Registered
8,286 Posts
04BlueSRTOwner said:
:bs2:
Sorry, got to do the bullshit flag on this one. The VIN is more than likely on the radio itself somewhere (etched,sticker), but the rest is a load of crap. I don't see DCX footing the bill for putting this type of technology in a simple AM/FM/CD headunit.

Ed

wrong !!!!!!! they did. i saw this when kicker reflashed my headunit at the nationals :readclose they even said this headunit does not belong in this car. i said you are right its my friend ercis mine went bad

·
Registered
437 Posts
Wow, you're radio made it 2500 miles? Mine made it barely passed break-in. I liked it and all, but I like to hook up other shit. Just my $.02.
Justus

·
Registered
228 Posts
The factory radio is on the J1850 bus line and does report in to the computer...You can tell what radio has been in what car and what the vin number is....I have a radio that I use for testing and it shows up with several different vin numbers because it has been in several different cars...

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
FAST&FURRIEST said:
I took my car in to have the tt installed. The dude doing the work put a HUGE scratch on the radio lense. When I pointed this out the shop removed the radio and sent it in have the lense replaced. When I called on monday, they told me the lense is on back order for 3 months :flame: :flame: .
My questions are these:

Can I get a deap scratch (deep enough to catch your finger nail in pollished out a body shop or the dealership & can I pass the cost on to the place I took it to?

Is there any harm that might be caused to the wires or any thing else for that matter by letting the hole were the radio goes stay open for three months?

is your name supposed to be furiousest? you spelled it like a wookie - furry-est

just a heads up

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
no, I chose the name in honor of my APBT and AB. I will an avatar of them up. Hopefully one at the wheel and the other riding shotgun

1 - 18 of 18 Posts