Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took the SRT back in today to make sure everything looks ok post headgasket replacement, and because I noticed some dried radiator fluid on the firewall. They actually called up Dodge and spoke with them, to see what they thought. Dodge thinks it's just left over from the headgasket change, which it may be. I popped the hood on a SRT-4 with 90 miles on it at the dealership and I noticed it had a TON of radiator fluid all over the firewall as well. The fluid level in my car and in the one on the lot was between the PP mark and the add mark. Has anyone else noticed this, or have a similar thing? The car isn't over heating or getting anywhere close, so I'm not terribly worried, just struck me as odd.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Whoa I'm gonna have to go look under my hood now.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no one else?

I was out playing around today (around 80 degrees out) and got some more spillage. I may have to fabricate something to stop the mess. It's rather annoying.

<edit> added photo...

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
I think there might be some air in the system or something bubbling out.

Whats your temp reading? Also you if you ahve a bad rad cap it will cause it to bubble out like that too.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
temp reading is fine. stays around 200 almost all the time. It goes to 215 everyonce in a while if i'm pushing it, but then comes back down right away. Just seems strange that I've seen more than 1 SRT like this.

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
2 cars, a recall does not make. :wink:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
5 Participants
440sixpack
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing