Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone help me with some instructions on how to remove the radiator fans from in front of the radiator so I can install the new ones. Someone please help

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Can someone help me with some instructions on how to remove the radiator fans from in front of the radiator so I can install the new ones. Someone please help
Remove the radiator hose from the thermostat housing and bend it over and secure it with a rubber band somewhere out of the way. Remove 3 10mm bolts on top of the fan. Unplug the main harness fan connector next to your cold side pipe. unbolt your pcm and move it aside. Pull up the radiator fan and take it out.

·
Registered
5,814 Posts
OLD thread I know I know. Need to put a new fan assembly in. Looks like the OEM ones are discontinued as of 2018 according to MPX. They offer an aftermarket OEM setup for $130. Found what they sell on eBay for $88 shipped.

Curious why the PCM has to be unbolted and moved aside? Looks like the assembly slides by it? I am guessing it makes assembly a lot easier.

·
Premium Member
4,878 Posts
OLD thread I know I know. Need to put a new fan assembly in. Looks like the OEM ones are discontinued as of 2018 according to MPX. They offer an aftermarket OEM setup for $130. Found what they sell on eBay for $88 shipped.

Curious why the PCM has to be unbolted and moved aside? Looks like the assembly slides by it? I am guessing it makes assembly a lot easier.
when the PCM is bolted in place it sort of pinches the fan housing. Its a snug fit. removing the PCM gives more room to work with the fans.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts